linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Signing negotiate context
@ 2021-06-26 16:48 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-06-26 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: samba-technical, CIFS

I tried an experiment to Samba 4.13.3 and also to Azure sending the
new signing negotiate context during negprot.   Azure ignored it as
expected, but Samba server rejected it with "STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER"
(it wasn't obvious at first glance what was invalid about it but
perhaps Samba wants different rounding than Azure).

Has anyone tested the signing negotiate context (e.g. newer Windows)
to Samba server?

Steve

* Re: Signing negotiate context
@ 2021-06-27  3:58 ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-06-27  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: samba-technical, CIFS

The problem turned out to be that Samba was stricter than Azure server
in alignment - I changed it to 8 byte alignment for the new signing
negotiate context and Samba did not error out (although ignored the
context).   Azure was ok either way.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 11:48 AM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried an experiment to Samba 4.13.3 and also to Azure sending the
> new signing negotiate context during negprot.   Azure ignored it as
> expected, but Samba server rejected it with "STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER"
> (it wasn't obvious at first glance what was invalid about it but
> perhaps Samba wants different rounding than Azure).
>
> Has anyone tested the signing negotiate context (e.g. newer Windows)
> to Samba server?
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Steve