* Merging virtualbox shared-folder VFS driver through drivers/staging?
@ 2019-08-10 22:25 Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2019-08-10 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Viro; +Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman, David Howells, linux-fsdevel

Hi Al,

I've been trying to get the vboxsf fs code upstream for 1.5 years now,
it seems (to me) that the main problem is that no-one has time to
review it. You're reviewed it a couple of times and David Howells
has reviewed it 2 times. Al reviews have lead to various improvments
and have definitely been useful, so thank you for that.

But ATM, since posting v12 of the patch, it has again been quiet for
2 months again. Since this driver is already being used as addon /
our of tree driver by various distros, I would really like to get it
into mainline, to make live easier for distros and to make sure that
they use the latest version.

Since I do not see the lack of reviewing capacity problem get solved
anytime soon, I was wondering if you are ok with putting the code
in drivers/staging/vboxsf for now, until someone can review it and ack it
for moving over to sf/vboxsf ?

Regards,

Hans