linux-hwmon.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
To: Nicolin Chen <nicoleotsuka@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-hwmon@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ABI for these two registers?
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 22:03:11 -0700	[thread overview]

On 10/1/19 3:17 PM, Nicolin Chen wrote:
> Hello Guenter,
>
> It's been nearly three weeks. Would it be possible for you to
> provide some advice on my latest questions? I'd like to write
> code and submit changes once ABI is confirmed...

Non-standard attribute discussions always require a lot of time,
since I have to re-read the chip documentation and try to understand
the reasoning why the attributes are needed. On top of that,
asking me "what should I do" instead of suggesting possible
solutions for me to choose from takes even more time, which
unfortunately I don't have right now. I'll try to get to it,
but, sorry, I can not promise you a time right now.

Guenter