linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Adding custom functional callbacks to IIO driver
       [not found] <BY5PR02MB69164C83B7BA664AF350D712A98B9@BY5PR02MB6916.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2021-02-12 11:35 ` Lars-Peter Clausen
From: Lars-Peter Clausen @ 2021-02-12 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Ashok Dumbre, Jonathan Cameron, knaack.h,
	Peter Meerwald-Stadler, Michal Simek, linux-iio,
	linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

On 2/12/21 12:07 PM, Anand Ashok Dumbre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an IIO adc driver that measures temperatures and voltages on the SOC.
> There are other kernel modules interested in the temperature and voltage event information.
>
> Would using a custom callback registration mechanism be advisable?
> Is there something similar done already in IIO that can be leveraged?

Hi,

Have a look at the IIO consumer API that allows other kernel modules to
subscribe to the output of an IIO device.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/include/linux/iio/consumer.h

- Lars

* RE: Adding custom functional callbacks to IIO driver
@ 2021-02-12 11:39   ` Anand Ashok Dumbre
From: Anand Ashok Dumbre @ 2021-02-12 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars-Peter Clausen, Jonathan Cameron, knaack.h,
	Peter Meerwald-Stadler, Michal Simek, linux-iio,
	linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

Thanks a lot I will go through it.