linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* kernel bug tracker
@ 2020-12-09 15:58 Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2020-12-09 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio; +Cc: Jonathan Cameron, Lars-Peter Clausen, Peter Meerwald

Hi!

Does the I2O actually refer to IIO on kernel bugzilla?
In any case, default there is Alan Cox' email and I didn't find
Jonathan's there.
If the answer is "yes" for above, does make sense to:
 - change its name to IIO
 - put mailing list as default assignee?

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: kernel bug tracker
@ 2020-12-09 16:07 ` Lars-Peter Clausen
From: Lars-Peter Clausen @ 2020-12-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko, linux-iio; +Cc: Jonathan Cameron, Peter Meerwald

On 12/9/20 4:58 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does the I2O actually refer to IIO on kernel bugzilla?
> In any case, default there is Alan Cox' email and I didn't find
> Jonathan's there.
> If the answer is "yes" for above, does make sense to:
>   - change its name to IIO
>   - put mailing list as default assignee?

There used to be an I2O subsystem, but which has been removed[1].

I supposed if it is used for IIO drivers at the moment I supposed we can
take over the tag and rename it to IIO, given that there should be no
new I2O tickets.

- Lars

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4a72a7af

@ 2020-12-09 16:33   ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2020-12-09 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars-Peter Clausen; +Cc: linux-iio, Jonathan Cameron, Peter Meerwald

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:07 PM Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de> wrote:

> On 12/9/20 4:58 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Does the I2O actually refer to IIO on kernel bugzilla?
> > In any case, default there is Alan Cox' email and I didn't find
> > Jonathan's there.
> > If the answer is "yes" for above, does make sense to:
> >   - change its name to IIO
> >   - put mailing list as default assignee?
> >

> There used to be an I2O subsystem, but which has been removed[1].
>
> I supposed if it is used for IIO drivers at the moment I supposed we can
> take over the tag and rename it to IIO, given that there should be no
> new I2O tickets.

Sent request to the help desk.

P.S. I reverted the subsystem to I2O in one bug (#209889) to be able
to filter them out all when we will have a proper component
registered.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: kernel bug tracker
@ 2020-12-13 15:15     ` Jonathan Cameron
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2020-12-13 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko; +Cc: Lars-Peter Clausen, linux-iio, Peter Meerwald

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 18:33:55 +0200
Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:07 PM Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 12/9/20 4:58 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Does the I2O actually refer to IIO on kernel bugzilla?
> > > In any case, default there is Alan Cox' email and I didn't find
> > > Jonathan's there.
> > > If the answer is "yes" for above, does make sense to:
> > >   - change its name to IIO
> > >   - put mailing list as default assignee?
> > >

> > There used to be an I2O subsystem, but which has been removed[1].
> >
> > I supposed if it is used for IIO drivers at the moment I supposed we can
> > take over the tag and rename it to IIO, given that there should be no
> > new I2O tickets.
>
> Sent request to the help desk.
Thanks!