linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* IIO driver module doesn't load automatically on kernel 4.19
@ 2020-01-29 20:25 Nick Burkitt
From: Nick Burkitt @ 2020-01-29 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Hi All.

Pardon me if I'm in the wrong place, but I have to start somewhere.
I'm using an IIO driver (based on the BNO055 driver proposed by Vlad
Dogaru back in 2016).
All was well for a couple of years, but after I updated my kernel from
4.14 to 4.19, my driver will no longer load on boot, but is still happy
to be loaded manually with modprobe.
All other drivers load normally.
Has something changed in the way IIO drivers register themselves? Or has
some other requirement been added since 4.14 that I have to add to my
driver?
If not, any suggestions on where to go next would be appreciated.

Details:
Xilinx Zynq-7000 (ARM Cortex-A9, 2 cores@866 MHz), 1 GB RAM
Linux v4.19.0 (via Xilinx)
Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 (both exhibit the same problem)

Thanks,

-Nick