linux-kselftest.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* CFP open for testing/fuzzing microconference at LPC
@ 2020-07-24 19:14 Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2020-07-24 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: automated-testing, linux-kselftest, syzkaller; +Cc: Sasha Levin

Hello Linux testing enthusiasts,

The CFP is open for the testing/fuzzing microconference[1] at Linux
plumbers conference.

Please submit your ideas for discussion topics usin the LPC CFP tool:

   https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/abstracts/

Click "Submit new Proposal" at the bottom of the page.

There are some suggested topics in the MC announcement[1], but feel
free to submit ideas that are not on that list.

And yes, LPC will be virtual this year as announced on the LPC blog:
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2020/linux-plumbers-conference-2020-goes-virtual/

The tools and logistics are being actively worked on, so stay tuned to
the LPC blog for all the details.

Thanks,

Kevin

[1] From: https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr

The Testing and Fuzzing microconference focuses on advancing the current
state of testing and validation of the Linux Kernel, with a focus on
encouraging and facilitating collaboration between testing projects.

Suggested Topics:

    Next steps for KernelCI (data formats, dashboards, etc)
    Structured data feeds for cross-project collaboration
    Integration with kernel.org tools (e.g. b4)
    Continued defragmentation of testing infrastructure
    Better sanitizers: KASAN improvements, KCSAN fallout, future plans.
    Better hardware testing, hardware sanitizers: how the USB fallout was handled, are there efforts to poke at something besides USB?
    Improving real-time testing: is there any testing for real time at all?

MC leads

    Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
    Kevin Hilman <khilman@kernel.org>

* Re: CFP open for testing/fuzzing microconference at LPC
@ 2020-07-31 16:14 ` Dmitry Vyukov
From: Dmitry Vyukov @ 2020-07-31 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman
  Cc: automated-testing, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	syzkaller, Sasha Levin

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 9:14 PM Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com> wrote:

> Hello Linux testing enthusiasts,
>
> The CFP is open for the testing/fuzzing microconference[1] at Linux
> plumbers conference.
>
> Please submit your ideas for discussion topics usin the LPC CFP tool:
>
>    https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/abstracts/
>
> Click "Submit new Proposal" at the bottom of the page.
>
> There are some suggested topics in the MC announcement[1], but feel
> free to submit ideas that are not on that list.
>
> And yes, LPC will be virtual this year as announced on the LPC blog:
> https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2020/linux-plumbers-conference-2020-goes-virtual/
>
> The tools and logistics are being actively worked on, so stay tuned to
> the LPC blog for all the details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin
>
> [1] From: https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr
>
> The Testing and Fuzzing microconference focuses on advancing the current
> state of testing and validation of the Linux Kernel, with a focus on
> encouraging and facilitating collaboration between testing projects.
>
> Suggested Topics:
>
>     Next steps for KernelCI (data formats, dashboards, etc)
>     Structured data feeds for cross-project collaboration
>     Integration with kernel.org tools (e.g. b4)
>     Continued defragmentation of testing infrastructure
>     Better sanitizers: KASAN improvements, KCSAN fallout, future plans.
>     Better hardware testing, hardware sanitizers: how the USB fallout was handled, are there efforts to poke at something besides USB?
>     Improving real-time testing: is there any testing for real time at all?
>
> MC leads
>
>     Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
>     Kevin Hilman <khilman@kernel.org>

Hi Kevin,

What is the deadline? I almost prepared a proposal, just want to make
sure I won't miss the deadline by a day :)

I see some other MCs have "CFP Ends:", but not Testing MC:
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr

Also what are the options for duration? Can I ask for a particular
duration in the proposal comments?

* Re: CFP open for testing/fuzzing microconference at LPC
@ 2020-07-31 17:05   ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2020-07-31 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Vyukov
  Cc: automated-testing, open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK,
	syzkaller, Sasha Levin

"'Dmitry Vyukov' via syzkaller" <syzkaller@googlegroups.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 9:14 PM Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Linux testing enthusiasts,
>>
>> The CFP is open for the testing/fuzzing microconference[1] at Linux
>> plumbers conference.
>>
>> Please submit your ideas for discussion topics usin the LPC CFP tool:
>>
>>    https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/abstracts/
>>
>> Click "Submit new Proposal" at the bottom of the page.
>>
>> There are some suggested topics in the MC announcement[1], but feel
>> free to submit ideas that are not on that list.
>>
>> And yes, LPC will be virtual this year as announced on the LPC blog:
>> https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2020/linux-plumbers-conference-2020-goes-virtual/
>>
>> The tools and logistics are being actively worked on, so stay tuned to
>> the LPC blog for all the details.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> [1] From: https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr
>>
>> The Testing and Fuzzing microconference focuses on advancing the current
>> state of testing and validation of the Linux Kernel, with a focus on
>> encouraging and facilitating collaboration between testing projects.
>>
>> Suggested Topics:
>>
>>     Next steps for KernelCI (data formats, dashboards, etc)
>>     Structured data feeds for cross-project collaboration
>>     Integration with kernel.org tools (e.g. b4)
>>     Continued defragmentation of testing infrastructure
>>     Better sanitizers: KASAN improvements, KCSAN fallout, future plans.
>>     Better hardware testing, hardware sanitizers: how the USB fallout was handled, are there efforts to poke at something besides USB?
>>     Improving real-time testing: is there any testing for real time at all?
>>
>> MC leads
>>
>>     Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
>>     Kevin Hilman <khilman@kernel.org>
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> What is the deadline? I almost prepared a proposal, just want to make
> sure I won't miss the deadline by a day :)

Aug 17th.

> I see some other MCs have "CFP Ends:", but not Testing MC:
> https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/80-accepted-microconferences#tf-cr

Oops, I'll get that added to our entry.

> Also what are the options for duration? Can I ask for a particular
> duration in the proposal comments?

Yes, you can request a duration, but keep in mind the virtual nature of
the event.

If you think it's useful, you can also propose follow-up/breakout with a
smaller group of interested parties for more detailed technical
discussion.  It's still a bit unclear how this is all going to work out
with it being virtual, but we'll be able to do smaller, targetted
sessions if needed as well.

Kevin