linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] swap on thin-provisioning
@ 2020-11-29  0:18 Chris Murphy
From: Chris Murphy @ 2020-11-29  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

Hi,

Is it expected that swap on a thin volume should work? I'm guessing
the answer is no because mkswap doesn't come with any sort of
allocation request that would set the LE to PE mapping.

What about a swapfile (on ext4 or XFS) onr a thin volume? In this
case, I'd expect fallocate would set the LE to PE mapping, and it
should work. But does it work for both paging and hibernation files?

And what's the implication if the thin volume were to be snapshot?

Chris Murphy