linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Saying goodbye to LVM
@ 2018-02-01 16:45 Xen
From: Xen @ 2018-02-01 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux lvm

You are probably happy about this, but...

I managed to get LVM to corrupt my data on Ubuntu Xenial 3 times now.

All of that is related to:

- LVM not checking or behaving correctly when a duplicate PV appears
- LVM not checking or behaving correctly when a cache volume is out of
sync with its origin.

In addition the thin DM target of kernel 3.x was so buggy I couldn't
compile anything big without the system hanging.

I will probably become a ZFS user.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

[parent not found: <215644475.5896991.1518040435407.ref@mail.yahoo.com>]