linux-man.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Question about projects bugzilla and personal tags not being so personal
@ 2020-05-21 20:14 Thomas Piekarski
From: Thomas Piekarski @ 2020-05-21 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-man

Hello,

when skimming through the reported bugs at man-pages bugzilla I tried to
tag a few bug reports with personal tags for my own workflow and own
custom search filters (something like to_triage, to_ask and to_do).

When I added one tag and saved that changes I got an:

Changes submitted for bug 205763
Email sent to:
inout@users.sourceforge.net, on2014nm@gmail.com,
zeno.endemann@googlemail.com

Wondering, isn't the field personal tag meant only for me? I thought it
should not sent out notifications. At least that is what the description
of the field is saying. Am I doing something wrong here or do I have to
configure something at my settings of bugzilla?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

* Re: Question about projects bugzilla and personal tags not being so personal
@ 2020-05-21 20:21 ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2020-05-21 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Piekarski; +Cc: linux-man

Hello Thomas,

On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 22:14, Thomas Piekarski
<t.piekarski@deloquencia.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> when skimming through the reported bugs at man-pages bugzilla I tried to
> tag a few bug reports with personal tags for my own workflow and own
> custom search filters (something like to_triage, to_ask and to_do).
>
> When I added one tag and saved that changes I got an:
>
> Changes submitted for bug 205763
> Email sent to:
> inout@users.sourceforge.net, on2014nm@gmail.com,
> zeno.endemann@googlemail.com
>

> Wondering, isn't the field personal tag meant only for me? I thought it
> should not sent out notifications. At least that is what the description
> of the field is saying. Am I doing something wrong here or do I have to
> configure something at my settings of bugzilla?

So, this is really a bugzilla question. I don't know the answer (I'm a
very simple user of bugzilla). It _may_ be that someone on this list
knows something about this, but you might best ask on a bugzilla
mailing list if you really need the answer.

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk

* Re: Question about projects bugzilla and personal tags not being so personal
@ 2020-05-21 20:35   ` Thomas Piekarski
From: Thomas Piekarski @ 2020-05-21 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-man

Hello Michael,

On 21.05.20 10:21 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 22:14, Thomas Piekarski
> <t.piekarski@deloquencia.de> wrote:
>>
>> Wondering, isn't the field personal tag meant only for me? I thought it
>> should not sent out notifications. At least that is what the description
>> of the field is saying. Am I doing something wrong here or do I have to
>> configure something at my settings of bugzilla?
>
> So, this is really a bugzilla question. I don't know the answer (I'm a
> very simple user of bugzilla). It _may_ be that someone on this list
> knows something about this, but you might best ask on a bugzilla
> mailing list if you really need the answer.

Indeed that's a bugzilla question, I'll check with them.
Maybe someone here uses this field :)

Thanks for your quick reply.
Thomas