* Shadow stack branch for linux-next
@ 2023-08-04 20:00 Edgecombe, Rick P
From: Edgecombe, Rick P @ 2023-08-04 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr; +Cc: broonie, linux-next, Hansen, Dave

Hi,

The shadow stack branch in tip has not been included in linux-next. An
updated version is here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git/log/?h=x86/shstk

Apologies if I'm missing some part of the process. Is there anything
needed to make it acceptable for inclusion?

The series hasn't changed much since the 6.4 based branch except a
rebase and a few small patches on top. AFAIK, there is nothing gating
submission for 6.6, so it would be nice to get it some linux-next
exposure. Please let me know if I can do anything to facilitate this.

Thanks,

Rick

* Re: Shadow stack branch for linux-next
@ 2023-08-04 20:07 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2023-08-04 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgecombe, Rick P; +Cc: sfr, linux-next, Hansen, Dave

On Fri, Aug 04, 2023 at 08:00:43PM +0000, Edgecombe, Rick P wrote:

> The shadow stack branch in tip has not been included in linux-next. An
> updated version is here:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git/log/?h=x86/shstk

> Apologies if I'm missing some part of the process. Is there anything
> needed to make it acceptable for inclusion?

> The series hasn't changed much since the 6.4 based branch except a
> rebase and a few small patches on top. AFAIK, there is nothing gating
> submission for 6.6, so it would be nice to get it some linux-next
> exposure. Please let me know if I can do anything to facilitate this.

I think previously it was picked up in -next by virtue of being included
via the x86 part of the tip tree (which does make sense for an x86
architecture feature) - not sure how x86 and general tip processes
usually work here though.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Shadow stack branch for linux-next
@ 2023-08-04 21:05   ` Dave Hansen
From: Dave Hansen @ 2023-08-04 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Edgecombe, Rick P; +Cc: sfr, linux-next

On 8/4/23 13:07, Mark Brown wrote:
>> The series hasn't changed much since the 6.4 based branch except a
>> rebase and a few small patches on top. AFAIK, there is nothing gating
>> submission for 6.6, so it would be nice to get it some linux-next
>> exposure. Please let me know if I can do anything to facilitate this.
> I think previously it was picked up in -next by virtue of being included
> via the x86 part of the tip tree (which does make sense for an x86
> architecture feature) - not sure how x86 and general tip processes
> usually work here though.

I just updated it yesterday so it might take a day or two to get merged
into tip/master.