Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
@ 2020-04-15  0:41 Stephen Rothwell
  2020-04-15  1:18 ` John Stultz
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-04-15  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Gross
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List, Stephen Boyd,
	Bjorn Andersson, John Stultz


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 809 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
reverting commit

  1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")

fixes the build, so I have done that for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2020-04-15  0:41 linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree Stephen Rothwell
@ 2020-04-15  1:18 ` John Stultz
  2020-04-20 23:29   ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: John Stultz @ 2020-04-15  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Stephen Boyd, Bjorn Andersson

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) failed like this:
>
> drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
> drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>
> I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
> reverting commit
>
>   1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")
>
> fixes the build, so I have done that for today.


Ah. I'm guessing the newly added rpmh-rsc code depends on rpmh being built in.

I'll take a look at it.

thanks
-john

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2020-04-15  1:18 ` John Stultz
@ 2020-04-20 23:29   ` Stephen Rothwell
  2020-04-21  2:41     ` John Stultz
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-04-20 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Stultz
  Cc: Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Stephen Boyd, Bjorn Andersson


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1199 bytes --]

Hi all,

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:18:11 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> >
> > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
> > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> >   484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
> >       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >       |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
> > cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> >
> > I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
> > reverting commit
> >
> >   1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")
> >
> > fixes the build, so I have done that for today.  
> 
> 
> Ah. I'm guessing the newly added rpmh-rsc code depends on rpmh being built in.
> 
> I'll take a look at it.

I am still reverting that commit.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2020-04-20 23:29   ` Stephen Rothwell
@ 2020-04-21  2:41     ` John Stultz
  2020-05-18  5:16       ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: John Stultz @ 2020-04-21  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Stephen Boyd, Bjorn Andersson

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:18:11 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> > >
> > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
> > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> > >   484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
> > >       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > >       |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
> > > cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> > >
> > > I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
> > > reverting commit
> > >
> > >   1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")
> > >
> > > fixes the build, so I have done that for today.
> >
> >
> > Ah. I'm guessing the newly added rpmh-rsc code depends on rpmh being built in.
> >
> > I'll take a look at it.
>
> I am still reverting that commit.

Yea. I've stirred up some discussion on it, but its fairly
complicated. Unfortunately I suspect it will take some time to confirm
and justify the change I think is needed, so I think reverting this is
the best short term plan.

thanks
-john

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2020-04-21  2:41     ` John Stultz
@ 2020-05-18  5:16       ` Stephen Rothwell
  2020-05-18  6:19         ` Bjorn Andersson
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-05-18  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Stultz
  Cc: Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Stephen Boyd, Bjorn Andersson


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1870 bytes --]

Hi all,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:41:56 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:18:11 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:  
> > >
> > > On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:  
> > > >
> > > > After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > > > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> > > >
> > > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
> > > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> > > >   484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
> > > >       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > >       |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
> > > > cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> > > >
> > > > I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
> > > > reverting commit
> > > >
> > > >   1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")
> > > >
> > > > fixes the build, so I have done that for today.  
> > >
> > >
> > > Ah. I'm guessing the newly added rpmh-rsc code depends on rpmh being built in.
> > >
> > > I'll take a look at it.  
> >
> > I am still reverting that commit.  
> 
> Yea. I've stirred up some discussion on it, but its fairly
> complicated. Unfortunately I suspect it will take some time to confirm
> and justify the change I think is needed, so I think reverting this is
> the best short term plan.

I am still reverting that commit.  It is probably time (we are beyond
-rc6 now) that it is either reverted or fixed in the qcom tree, please.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2020-05-18  5:16       ` Stephen Rothwell
@ 2020-05-18  6:19         ` Bjorn Andersson
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 14+ messages in thread
From: Bjorn Andersson @ 2020-05-18  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: John Stultz, Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Stephen Boyd

On Sun 17 May 22:16 PDT 2020, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 19:41:56 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:18:11 -0700 John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:  
> > > >
> > > > On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:  
> > > > >
> > > > > After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > > > > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> > > > >
> > > > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c: In function '__tcs_buffer_write':
> > > > > drivers/soc/qcom/rpmh-rsc.c:484:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle'; did you mean 'trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> > > > >   484 |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_rcuidle(drv, tcs_id, j, msgid, cmd);
> > > > >       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > > >       |   trace_rpmh_send_msg_enabled
> > > > > cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> > > > >
> > > > > I don't know why this error only started happening today.  However
> > > > > reverting commit
> > > > >
> > > > >   1d3c6f86fd3f ("soc: qcom: rpmh: Allow RPMH driver to be loaded as a module")
> > > > >
> > > > > fixes the build, so I have done that for today.  
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ah. I'm guessing the newly added rpmh-rsc code depends on rpmh being built in.
> > > >
> > > > I'll take a look at it.  
> > >
> > > I am still reverting that commit.  
> > 
> > Yea. I've stirred up some discussion on it, but its fairly
> > complicated. Unfortunately I suspect it will take some time to confirm
> > and justify the change I think is needed, so I think reverting this is
> > the best short term plan.
> 
> I am still reverting that commit.  It is probably time (we are beyond
> -rc6 now) that it is either reverted or fixed in the qcom tree, please.
> 

Thanks for the reminder Stephen, I've pushed the revert out to the qcom
branch now.

Regards,
Bjorn

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2019-04-23 23:25 Stephen Rothwell
@ 2019-04-23 23:50 ` Matthias Kaehlcke
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 14+ messages in thread
From: Matthias Kaehlcke @ 2019-04-23 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Andy Gross, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Douglas Anderson, Stephen Boyd

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 09:25:31AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (arm
> multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:
> 
> arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-apq8064.dtsi:1297.29-1309.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/dsi-phy@4700200: Reference to non-existent node or label "xo_board"
> 
> Caused by commit
> 
>   3560af5a56b5 ("ARM: dts: qcom-apq8064: Set 'xo_board' as ref clock of the DSI PHY")
> 
> I have used the version of the qcom tree from next-20190423 for today.

I thought I built-tested this, but probably only did arm64 builds :(

I'm working on a fix.

Matthias

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
@ 2019-04-23 23:25 Stephen Rothwell
  2019-04-23 23:50 ` Matthias Kaehlcke
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-04-23 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Gross
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Matthias Kaehlcke, Douglas Anderson, Stephen Boyd


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 483 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-apq8064.dtsi:1297.29-1309.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/dsi-phy@4700200: Reference to non-existent node or label "xo_board"

Caused by commit

  3560af5a56b5 ("ARM: dts: qcom-apq8064: Set 'xo_board' as ref clock of the DSI PHY")

I have used the version of the qcom tree from next-20190423 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2018-04-26 16:42     ` Evan Green
@ 2018-04-26 21:23       ` Andy Gross
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 14+ messages in thread
From: Andy Gross @ 2018-04-26 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan Green
  Cc: sfr, agross, linux-next, linux-kernel,
	Karthikeyan Ramasubramanian, Sagar Dharia, Girish Mahadevan,
	groeck

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 04:42:17PM +0000, Evan Green wrote:
> > I suspect that just Linus' tree merged with the qcom tree would have
> > been enough to cause the failure.

Sorry for missing this in my testing.

> 
> 
> I've verified that the patch listed above fixes the issue for me. Andy, if
> it looks okay to you, go ahead an pull it in. Apologies for the trouble,
> and thanks Guenter for having builders that notice this stuff early!
> -Evan

Thanks for looking at this Evan.


Andy

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2018-04-26  4:52   ` Stephen Rothwell
@ 2018-04-26 16:42     ` Evan Green
  2018-04-26 21:23       ` Andy Gross
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Evan Green @ 2018-04-26 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr
  Cc: agross, linux-next, linux-kernel, Karthikeyan Ramasubramanian,
	Sagar Dharia, Girish Mahadevan, groeck

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 9:54 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
wrote:

> Hi Evan,

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 03:39:25 +0000 Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org>
wrote:
> >
> > Guenter and I had a fix for compile test here, which had failures that
> > looked similar:
> >
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/18/752

> That looks like it could very well be the problem/solution.

> > I was hoping to verify myself whether or not this fixed allmodconfig,
but
> > my machine at home is not so fast, and I must be missing something,
either
> > in the configuration or the tree. Which tree exactly are you building?

> I was attempting to compile my partial linux-next for today after
> merging the qcom tree.  So once I release linux-next, it will be commit
> a72d0aa48d2e ("Merge remote-tracking branch 'omap/for-next'") plus a
> merge of the qcom tree
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux.git#for-next
> - which today meant commit c78d6951a806 ("Merge branch 'soc-for-4.18'
> into all-for-4.18")).

> I suspect that just Linus' tree merged with the qcom tree would have
> been enough to cause the failure.

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

I've verified that the patch listed above fixes the issue for me. Andy, if
it looks okay to you, go ahead an pull it in. Apologies for the trouble,
and thanks Guenter for having builders that notice this stuff early!
-Evan

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2018-04-26  3:39 ` Evan Green
@ 2018-04-26  4:52   ` Stephen Rothwell
  2018-04-26 16:42     ` Evan Green
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-04-26  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan Green
  Cc: agross, linux-next, linux-kernel, Karthikeyan Ramasubramanian,
	Sagar Dharia, Girish Mahadevan, groeck


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1067 bytes --]

Hi Evan,

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 03:39:25 +0000 Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> Guenter and I had a fix for compile test here, which had failures that
> looked similar:
> 
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/18/752

That looks like it could very well be the problem/solution.

> I was hoping to verify myself whether or not this fixed allmodconfig, but
> my machine at home is not so fast, and I must be missing something, either
> in the configuration or the tree. Which tree exactly are you building?

I was attempting to compile my partial linux-next for today after
merging the qcom tree.  So once I release linux-next, it will be commit
a72d0aa48d2e ("Merge remote-tracking branch 'omap/for-next'") plus a
merge of the qcom tree
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux.git#for-next
- which today meant commit c78d6951a806 ("Merge branch 'soc-for-4.18'
into all-for-4.18")).

I suspect that just Linus' tree merged with the qcom tree would have
been enough to cause the failure.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
  2018-04-25 22:40 Stephen Rothwell
@ 2018-04-26  3:39 ` Evan Green
  2018-04-26  4:52   ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Evan Green @ 2018-04-26  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr
  Cc: agross, linux-next, linux-kernel, Karthikeyan Ramasubramanian,
	Sagar Dharia, Girish Mahadevan, groeck

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
wrote:

> Hi Andy,

> After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) failed like this:

> ERROR: "geni_se_select_mode" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_init" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_config_packing" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_resources_off" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!
> ERROR: "geni_se_resources_on" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko]
undefined!

> Probably caused by commit

>    eddac5af0654 ("soc: qcom: Add GENI based QUP Wrapper driver")

> I have used the qcom tree from next-20180424 for today.

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

Guenter and I had a fix for compile test here, which had failures that
looked similar:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/18/752

I was hoping to verify myself whether or not this fixed allmodconfig, but
my machine at home is not so fast, and I must be missing something, either
in the configuration or the tree. Which tree exactly are you building?
-Evan

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
@ 2018-04-25 22:40 Stephen Rothwell
  2018-04-26  3:39 ` Evan Green
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-04-25 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Gross
  Cc: Linux-Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List,
	Karthikeyan Ramasubramanian, Sagar Dharia, Girish Mahadevan,
	Evan Green


[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 708 bytes --]

Hi Andy,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

ERROR: "geni_se_select_mode" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "geni_se_init" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "geni_se_config_packing" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "geni_se_resources_off" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "geni_se_resources_on" [drivers/tty/serial/qcom_geni_serial.ko] undefined!

Probably caused by commit

  eddac5af0654 ("soc: qcom: Add GENI based QUP Wrapper driver")

I have used the qcom tree from next-20180424 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

* linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree
@ 2016-03-31 23:28 Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 14+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-03-31 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Gross; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Andy,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "blsp2_dma"

ERROR (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "blsp2_dma"

ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
scripts/Makefile.lib:307: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-msm8974-sony-xperia-honami.dtb' failed

Maybe caused by commit

  423f5fed42fa ("Revert "dts: msm8974: Add blsp2_bam dma node"")

I have used the qcom tree from next-20160331 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 14+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 14+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-04-15  0:41 linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree Stephen Rothwell
2020-04-15  1:18 ` John Stultz
2020-04-20 23:29   ` Stephen Rothwell
2020-04-21  2:41     ` John Stultz
2020-05-18  5:16       ` Stephen Rothwell
2020-05-18  6:19         ` Bjorn Andersson
  -- strict thread matches above, loose matches on Subject: below --
2019-04-23 23:25 Stephen Rothwell
2019-04-23 23:50 ` Matthias Kaehlcke
2018-04-25 22:40 Stephen Rothwell
2018-04-26  3:39 ` Evan Green
2018-04-26  4:52   ` Stephen Rothwell
2018-04-26 16:42     ` Evan Green
2018-04-26 21:23       ` Andy Gross
2016-03-31 23:28 Stephen Rothwell

Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/0 linux-next/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-next linux-next/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next \
		linux-next@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-next

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-next


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git