* linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 12:28 Mark Brown
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark Brown @ 2014-09-01 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Delvare; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Guenter Roeck

Hi Jean,

Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'
tree which appeared to be due to the hwmon quilt series I got from Stephen being
based on v3.14-rc3 and subsequent changes from mainline interacting badly with
it. In addition I'm not able to check the original series since linux-fr.org does
not resolve for me.

I'm really confused by what's going on here so I skipped the tree for today.

Thanks,
Mark

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 13:18 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2014-09-01 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: Jean Delvare, linux-next, linux-kernel, Guenter Roeck

Hi Mark,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'

I understand you are helping with linux-next while Stephen is out.

Could you please let me know where you host the linux-next tree? I was
not able to find it in git.kernel.org.

Thanks

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 13:46   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2014-09-01 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam; +Cc: Jean Delvare, linux-next, linux-kernel, Guenter Roeck

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 10:18:02AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:
> > Hi Jean,

> > Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'

> I understand you are helping with linux-next while Stephen is out.

> Could you please let me know where you host the linux-next tree? I was
> not able to find it in git.kernel.org.

Same repository as Stephen.

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 15:49 ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2014-09-01 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Jean Delvare; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

On 09/01/2014 05:28 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'
> tree which appeared to be due to the hwmon quilt series I got from Stephen being
> based on v3.14-rc3 and subsequent changes from mainline interacting badly with
> it. In addition I'm not able to check the original series since linux-fr.org does
> not resolve for me.

Jean dropped the linux-fr.org domain, and his old e-mail address probably
won't work anymore. The alternate (and temporary) pointer he gave me
is http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux-3/jdelvare-hwmon/. It is empty,
so you did not miss anything.

Guenter

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 15:53   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2014-09-01 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: Jean Delvare, linux-next, linux-kernel

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 08:49:36AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 09/01/2014 05:28 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

> >Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'
> >tree which appeared to be due to the hwmon quilt series I got from Stephen being
> >based on v3.14-rc3 and subsequent changes from mainline interacting badly with
> >it. In addition I'm not able to check the original series since linux-fr.org does
> >not resolve for me.

> Jean dropped the linux-fr.org domain, and his old e-mail address probably
> won't work anymore. The alternate (and temporary) pointer he gave me
> is http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux-3/jdelvare-hwmon/. It is empty,
> so you did not miss anything.

I figured it was something like that - the address definitely does
bounce.  Thanks for letting me know, I'll update for tomorrow.

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-01 16:57 ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2014-09-01 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Jean Delvare
  Cc: Jean Delvare, Linux-Next, linux-kernel, Guenter Roeck

CC jean @ suse

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'
> tree which appeared to be due to the hwmon quilt series I got from Stephen being
> based on v3.14-rc3 and subsequent changes from mainline interacting badly with
> it. In addition I'm not able to check the original series since linux-fr.org does
> not resolve for me.

Same here. The domain exists, and seems to have been updated yesterday,
possibly breaking it?

> I'm really confused by what's going on here so I skipped the tree for today.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-02  7:54   ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2014-09-02  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: Mark Brown, linux-next, linux-kernel, Geert Uytterhoeven

Hi all,

On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:49:36 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 09/01/2014 05:28 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > Today's linux-next merge of the jdelvare-hwmon tree got a conflict with Linus'
> > tree which appeared to be due to the hwmon quilt series I got from Stephen being
> > based on v3.14-rc3 and subsequent changes from mainline interacting badly with
> > it. In addition I'm not able to check the original series since linux-fr.org does
> > not resolve for me.
>
> Jean dropped the linux-fr.org domain, and his old e-mail address probably
> won't work anymore.

I can confirm that. linux-fr.org is history, from now on I'll be using
my @suse.de address for all open source related work. I thought I had
already updated all references and let everyone involved know about the
change, but apparently I failed to do so, sorry about that.

> The alternate (and temporary) pointer he gave me
> is http://jdelvare.nerim.net/devel/linux-3/jdelvare-hwmon/. It is empty,
> so you did not miss anything.

That's right. As many temporary things, I'm afraid it's there to
last ;-)

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support

* Re: linux-next: jdelvare-hwmon tree unfetchable
@ 2014-09-08  0:55     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2014-09-08  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Delvare
  Cc: Guenter Roeck, Mark Brown, linux-next, linux-kernel, Geert Uytterhoeven