linux-omap.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Some possible missing v4l2_subdev IOCTLs.
@ 2009-03-20  2:24 Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto @ 2009-03-20  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, camera, Menon, Nishanth, Lakhani, Amish, Nagalla,
	Hari, linux-omap, linux-media

Hi Hans,

I did a quick analysis of the subdev, and noticed that some video ioctls for the subdevices aren't there...

[gs]_crop
[gs]_parm
enum_frameintervals
enum_framesizes
enum_fmt_cap

I noticed this because we currently use them for a "best sensor output" selection before sending the image to the OMAP3 ISP.

Any particular reason why these aren't there?

Regards,
Sergio

* Re: Some possible missing v4l2_subdev IOCTLs.
@ 2009-03-20  7:19 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2009-03-20  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
  Cc: Sakari Ailus, camera, Menon, Nishanth, Lakhani, Amish, Nagalla,
	Hari, linux-omap, linux-media

On Friday 20 March 2009 03:24:49 Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I did a quick analysis of the subdev, and noticed that some video ioctls
> for the subdevices aren't there...
>
> [gs]_crop
> [gs]_parm
> enum_frameintervals
> enum_framesizes
> enum_fmt_cap
>
> I noticed this because we currently use them for a "best sensor output"
> selection before sending the image to the OMAP3 ISP.
>
> Any particular reason why these aren't there?

Because no other i2c drivers needed them until now. I try to avoid adding
code that nobody is using.

Note that gs_parm was just added. And in video_ops there is already an
enum_fmt. Feel free to add crop and the enum_frame* ops. If you mail me a
patch, then I'll commit it.

Regards,

	Hans