linux-renesas-soc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [RFC] Is runtime_pm in the RSPI driver broken?
@ 2019-09-05 17:06 Chris Brandt
From: Chris Brandt @ 2019-09-05 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-renesas-soc, linux-spi, Geert Uytterhoeven

Hello SPI and Renesas people (and Geert),

Before I submit a patch, is the rspi.c driver really broken or not?

I'm working with the RZ/A2M at the moment.

Runtime pm was added by Geert back in 2014. (commit 490c97747d5d)

But I'm noticing now that if I turn off all the clocks in u-boot before
I boot, SPI does not work.

However, if I add a pm_runtime_get_sync() call do the driver, it works
fine.

So, am I missing something? It seems that the driver is not going to
work correctly unless pm_runtime_get_sync() gets called.

Thank you,
Chris