linux-riscv.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Current options for Linux on RISC-V?
@ 2019-12-24 13:27 Drew Fustini
From: Drew Fustini @ 2019-12-24 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-riscv

Hello, I'm giving a talk about Linux, Open Source Hardware and RISC-V
this Sunday at the Chaos Communication Congress (36c3) in Germany [1].

I want to make sure I am up-to-date about the current ways that people
could run Linux on RISC-V:

- QEMU on x86 (Fedora / Debian)
- SiFive Freedom Unleashed board (unfortunately expensive)
- Kendryte K210 (NOMMU, limited SRAM, I am not sure how to reproduce
the LPC demo) [2]
- RISC-V soft core on Xilinix or Altera FPGA with proprietary toolchain
- LiteX-On-Linux with VexRIscV on Lattice ECP5 FPGA with and open
source tools (trellis, yosys, nextpnr)
- Microchip/MicroSemi PolarFire SoC (stil coming soon?)
- Future: OpenHW Group and NXP making RISC-V iMX-style SoC?

Any other options that I missed?

Thank you,
Drew

[1] https://fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2019/Fahrplan/events/10549.html