linux-unionfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* odd error: why: mount: /home2: mount(2) system call failed: Stale file handle
@ 2021-04-08 18:58 L. A. Walsh
From: L. A. Walsh @ 2021-04-08 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overlayfs

Started to try overlay fs w/one fs, but decided on another, so
umounted the first -- hadn't done any changes.

Then tried a different lower dir (/home) and tried to mount into new
dir /home2.  Got:
mount: /home2: mount(2) system call failed: Stale file handle

any idea why?  I cleared out contents of workdir (two empty dirs)
but still didn't work again.

running a Vanilla-ish self-made kernel version 5.9.2...
don't know what other info I should provide...oh well...