* Failed to capture data packets using Monitor mode with Intel 7260 card. (Under Ubuntu 14.04)
@ 2015-05-18  7:01 darklight wu
From: darklight wu @ 2015-05-18  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi, All:

I configured the Wifi Monitor mode with Intel 7260 card under
Ubuntu14.04 and then used Wireshark to capture packets from air. But I
could only get management/control packets but no data packets. I tried
different channels and also with HT20 or HT40+/-.

The commands I used were:

iw dev wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor
iw dev wlan0 del  //I googled and was told I needed to delete the
wlan0 first. Or else I got device busy (-16) error
ifconfig mon0 up
iw dev mon0 set channel 1

I also tried to use other ways like "airmon-ng start wlan0". All the
observations were same, no data packets. It's weird! Anyone has a
clue?

Thanks!
dlw