From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
To: Bob_Tracy <rct@gherkin.frus.com>
Cc: Kai Germaschewski <kai-germaschewski@uiowa.edu>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.5.38: modular IDE broken
Date: 26 Sep 2002 17:10:42 +0100	[thread overview]

> Specific example: proc_ide_read_geometry has the requisite EXPORT_SYMBOL()
> wrapper in ide-proc.c, yet, I still end up with proc_ide_read_geometry_R*
> unresolved at depmod time.  In case anyone is wondering, I *did* do a
> "make clean", manually cleaned out linux/include/modules to make *sure*

Let me give a simple clear explanation here. I don't give a flying ***k
about modular IDE until the IDE works. Cleaning up the modular IDE after
it all works is relatively easy and gets easier the more IDE is cleaned
up. Until then its not even on the radar unless someone else wants to do
all the work for 2.4/2.5 and verify/test them