* irtty_sir cannot be unloaded
@ 2003-05-22 23:19 Stian Jordet
From: Stian Jordet @ 2003-05-22 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I get this message when trying to use irda with 2.5.x. I know it has
been there for a long time, but since nothing happens, I wonder if
anyone knows about it? I don't really need to unload it, but when I
reboots (or shutdowns) my pc, it hangs at "deconfiguring network
interfaces". Which is quite annoying. I guess I can change my
init-scripts to now do that, but...

Module irtty_sir cannot be unloaded due to unsafe usage in
include/linux/module.h:456

Best regards,
Stian

* Re: irtty_sir cannot be unloaded
@ 2003-05-22 23:36 Jean Tourrilhes
From: Jean Tourrilhes @ 2003-05-22 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stian Jordet wrote :

> Module irtty_sir cannot be unloaded due to unsafe usage in
> include/linux/module.h:456
>
> I get this message when trying to use irda with 2.5.x. I know it has
> been there for a long time, but since nothing happens

	This is fixed in the patches I've send to Jeff :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105286597418927&w=2
	Just be patient ;-)

	I guess that if it's the only complain, this means that the
rest of the IrDA stack works for you in 2.5.X. At least, I'm not the
only one testing it...

	Jean