* USB serial OOPS
       [not found] ` <20030627225144.GC11296@kroah.com>
@ 2003-06-28  6:38   ` Sam (Uli) Freed
From: Sam (Uli) Freed @ 2003-06-28  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Greg KH

Hi all + Greg,

I have a laptop with a "USB Socking station" attached (basically a
hub+serial+paralel.).

I have managed to use the Serial ONCE to sync my PalmPilot, out of at
least 60 attempts. 2-3 of these attempts ended in an OOPS, and here it
is in a neat "tar cvzf" format. The only caveat is that is went through
an "apm -s" cycle between the oops and the report.

HELP!

Please repond to "sam -=- AT -=- freed -=-= DOT -=-= net"

Sam.

Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 11:55:25PM +0300, Sam (Uli) Freed wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I got an oops in the syslog with a stack+register dump, after many
>>attempts to use the serial port in a "usb docking station". What info
>>should I send to whom? How is turnarround on bugs of this sort?
>

> Read the file, REPORTING-BUGS in the kernel source tree.
> Send the info to the linux-kernel mailing list.
>
> Good luck,
>
> greg k-h

[-- Attachment #2: BUGREP.usb_serial.tz --]

* Re: USB serial OOPS
@ 2003-06-28 16:28     ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-06-28 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam (Uli) Freed; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 09:38:56AM +0300, Sam (Uli) Freed wrote:
> Hi all + Greg,
>
> I have a laptop with a "USB Socking station" attached (basically a
> hub+serial+paralel.).
>
> I have managed to use the Serial ONCE to sync my PalmPilot, out of at
> least 60 attempts. 2-3 of these attempts ended in an OOPS, and here it
> is in a neat "tar cvzf" format. The only caveat is that is went through
> an "apm -s" cycle between the oops and the report.

Can you not compress these files next time?  It's real hard to read them
this way.  Large text emails are no problem.

Anyway, can you try this with 2.5?  I think the bug is fixed there but
it would be nice to verify.

thanks,

greg k-h