* Re: touchpad doesn't work under 2.6.0-test1-ac2
@ 2003-07-25  0:16 Petr Vandrovec
From: Petr Vandrovec @ 2003-07-25  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vojtech Pavlik; +Cc: schierlm, linux-kernel, pavel

On 25 Jul 03 at 2:11, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 12:57:45AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> >
> > > This all happens on Compaq EVO N800C. I strongly believe that we need a
> > > build time option for disabling Synaptics detection, or at least input_synaptics=0
> > > runtime option, until it can work at least as well as it works like ps/2
> > > device.
> >
> > Agreed, I even send a patch to vojtech, he said he is going to apply
> > it and I have not heard about that patch after that...
>
> For proper Synaptics support an XFree86 driver is available (get it at
> http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html). This will allow
> for full support, including gesture recongition. Passthrough support for

I do not use XFree. I'm using 1600x1200 radeonfb consoles.

> enabling the touchpoint or external mice chained to the Synaptics pad is
> pending in my patch queue and will be merged as soon as I return from
> Ottawa.
>
> Support for touchpads is nonexistent in mousedev.c, it only supports
> mice, digitizers and touchscreens. Just adding an entry to the device
> table is futile, you'd need much much more than that.

What's difference between touchscreen and touchpad? Both use absolute
directions, and rest are just buttons... As I need working gpm, without
mousedev support Synaptics mode is of no use for me.
                                                            Petr

* touchpad doesn't work under 2.6.0-test1-ac2
@ 2003-07-22  4:39 David Benfell
From: David Benfell @ 2003-07-22  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel