* Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-01-30 13:42 Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-01-30 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:

  Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git for-linus

for you to fetch changes up to 8a093049c604ab32d94bcc5baa24f7939d5e3f7b:

  regulator: Set apply_uV only when min and max voltages are defined (2012-01-26 11:01:21 +0000)

This fixes an integration issue with the regulator device tree bindings
which shook out in -rc.  The bindings were overly enthusiatic when
deciding to set a voltage on a regulator and would try to set zero volts
on an unconfigured regulator which isn't supported.

Karol Lewandowski (1):
      regulator: Set apply_uV only when min and max voltages are defined

 drivers/regulator/of_regulator.c |    2 +-

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-01-30 17:14 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2012-01-30 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Mark Brown
<broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> are available in the git repository at:
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git for-linus

"Already up-to-date."

Forgot to push?

                       Linus

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-01-30 17:43   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-01-30 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:14:56AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Mark Brown

> > are available in the git repository at:

> >  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git for-linus

> "Already up-to-date."

> Forgot to push?

Not quite, I had pushed a new signed tag but I hadn't deleted the old
for-linus branch (which you had merged).  Since git prefers branches
to tags when pulling it was looking at the old branch and ignoring the
signed tag.  Should be cleaned up now, at least I deleted the branch and
everything looks OK in gitweb.

I actually noticed this with some other things I was doing, what I think
I want git to do when working with signed tags is allow me to have a tag
with the same name as the branch and prefer the tag rather than the
branch.  That way I can tell people to pull from a given name and it'll
do the right thing if they're using a git that understands pulling from
tags or not.  Either that or complain bitterly and mock me if I'm so
foolish as to have a tag and branch with the same name.

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-01-30 18:22     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2012-01-30 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Mark Brown
<broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

>> Forgot to push?
>
> Not quite, I had pushed a new signed tag but I hadn't deleted the old
> for-linus branch (which you had merged).  Since git prefers branches
> to tags when pulling it was looking at the old branch and ignoring the
> signed tag.  Should be cleaned up now, at least I deleted the branch and
> everything looks OK in gitweb.

Ok. You could also have asked me to pull "tags/for-linus" to
disambiguate. That has the advantage that I think it even works with
older versions of git - they'll get the tag, then ignore the tag
information, and do the merge of just the commit the tag points to.

> I actually noticed this with some other things I was doing, what I think
> I want git to do when working with signed tags is allow me to have a tag
> with the same name as the branch and prefer the tag rather than the
> branch.  That way I can tell people to pull from a given name and it'll
> do the right thing if they're using a git that understands pulling from
> tags or not.  Either that or complain bitterly and mock me if I'm so
> foolish as to have a tag and branch with the same name.

I won't mock you (*this* time), but I think the "tags/for-linus"
approach is better, as it should work regardless of git version.

                      Linus

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-01-30 18:51       ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-01-30 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:22:28AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Mark Brown

> > tags or not.  Either that or complain bitterly and mock me if I'm so
> > foolish as to have a tag and branch with the same name.

> I won't mock you (*this* time), but I think the "tags/for-linus"
> approach is better, as it should work regardless of git version.

Yes, indeed - so probably git request-pull ought to just do that when
working with a tag (which I guess it knows it's doing because it managed
to add the information it pulled from the tag into the pull request)
since it'll help with old versions and avoids confusions like this.

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-02-01  5:00         ` Junio C Hamano
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2012-02-01  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Liam Girdwood

Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> Yes, indeed - so probably git request-pull ought to just do that when
> working with a tag (which I guess it knows it's doing because it managed
> to add the information it pulled from the tag into the pull request)
> since it'll help with old versions and avoids confusions like this.

I heard you.

I'd appreciate it if you could Bc: either myself or git@vger.kernel.org
next time you have improvement suggestions to Git.

Thanks.

* Re: Regulator update for 3.3
@ 2012-02-01  9:54           ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2012-02-01  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)