* linux-next: removal of the rpmsg tree
@ 2016-03-09  5:28 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-03-09  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Ben-Cohen; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Ohad,

I noticed that the rpmsg tree

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/rpmsg.git branch for-next

has not been updated since November 2014.  I am going to remove it from
linux-next tomorrow unless I hear that it may be useful.  It can always
be easily added back if it proves useful in the future.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: removal of the rpmsg tree
@ 2016-03-09 15:07 ` Ohad Ben-Cohen
From: Ohad Ben-Cohen @ 2016-03-09 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Bjorn Andersson

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi Ohad,
>
> I noticed that the rpmsg tree
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/rpmsg.git branch for-next
>
> has not been updated since November 2014.  I am going to remove it from
> linux-next tomorrow unless I hear that it may be useful.  It can always
> be easily added back if it proves useful in the future.

That should be fine.

FWIW, Bjorn will most likely setup another rpmsg tree and ask you to
add it to linux-next, as he's co-maintaining
remoteproc/rpmsg/hwspinlock now.

Thanks a lot,
Ohad.

* Re: linux-next: removal of the rpmsg tree
@ 2016-03-10  5:31   ` Bjorn Andersson
From: Bjorn Andersson @ 2016-03-10  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Ben-Cohen, Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@wizery.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>> Hi Ohad,
>>
>> I noticed that the rpmsg tree
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/rpmsg.git branch for-next
>>
>> has not been updated since November 2014.  I am going to remove it from
>> linux-next tomorrow unless I hear that it may be useful.  It can always
>> be easily added back if it proves useful in the future.
>
> That should be fine.
>
> FWIW, Bjorn will most likely setup another rpmsg tree and ask you to
> add it to linux-next, as he's co-maintaining
> remoteproc/rpmsg/hwspinlock now.

Thanks for the poke.

Stephen, I'm co-maintain the hwspinlock, rpmsg and remoteproc
subsystems; and will as such maintain the next branches.

Could you please pull the remoteproc next patches from the "for-next" branch of:
git://github.com/andersson/remoteproc.git

I will let you know when we have patches in hwspinlock and rpmsg to
set those up as well, but at the moment we don't have anything
incoming there.

Regards,
Bjorn

* Re: linux-next: removal of the rpmsg tree
@ 2016-03-10 20:48     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-03-10 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Andersson; +Cc: Ohad Ben-Cohen, linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Bjorn,

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:31:05 -0800 Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org> wrote:

> Stephen, I'm co-maintain the hwspinlock, rpmsg and remoteproc
> subsystems; and will as such maintain the next branches.
>
> Could you please pull the remoteproc next patches from the "for-next" branch of:
> git://github.com/andersson/remoteproc.git

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell