* Re: crypto: ux500 - memmove the right size
@ 2016-07-11 14:40 Toralf Förster
From: Toralf Förster @ 2016-07-11 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Binderman; +Cc: Joakim Bech, Linus Walleij, Herbert Xu, Linux Kernel

While reading the comment to 19ced623d :

"    The hash buffer is really HASH_BLOCK_SIZE bytes, someone
    must have thought that memmove takes n*u32 words by mistake.
    Tests work as good/bad as before after this patch.
"

I was just curious why the tests doesn't fail now and since when the bug were in the code.
The answer to the later is simple - the bug is there since the beginning of that file.
What's do you think about the first question ?

--
Toralf
PGP: C4EACDDE 0076E94E, OTR: 420E74C8 30246EE7

* Re: crypto: ux500 - memmove the right size
@ 2016-07-12  4:57 ` Herbert Xu
From: Herbert Xu @ 2016-07-12  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toralf Förster
  Cc: David Binderman, Joakim Bech, Linus Walleij, Linux Kernel

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 04:40:34PM +0200, Toralf Förster wrote:
> While reading the comment to 19ced623d :
>
> "    The hash buffer is really HASH_BLOCK_SIZE bytes, someone
>     must have thought that memmove takes n*u32 words by mistake.
>     Tests work as good/bad as before after this patch.
> "
>
> I was just curious why the tests doesn't fail now and since when the bug were in the code.
> The answer to the later is simple - the bug is there since the beginning of that file.
> What's do you think about the first question ?

The tests do/can not cover every possible execution path.  Of course
if you can write a simple vector/test that covers this case that
would be very nice.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>