* Pull Request for linux-next
@ 2018-02-25  7:59 Tobin C. Harding
From: Tobin C. Harding @ 2018-02-25  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr

Hi Stephen,

Would it be possible to get the development tree for
scripts/leaking_addresses.pl included in Linux-next please.

The tree is hosted on kernel.org

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tobin/leaks.git/

I have created a branch called linux-next.  This branch is not tagged or
signed.  I'm super new to kernel maintainer branch management, ATM the
tree mirrors GregKH's staging tree setup i.e 3 branches

	master
	leaks-testing
	leaks-next

Development done on leaks-testing.  Once patches have been rinsed
through LKML move them to leaks-next.  Any holes in that?

thanks,
Tobin.

* Re: Pull Request for linux-next
@ 2018-02-25 20:54 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-02-25 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobin C. Harding

Hi Tobin,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:59:07 +1100 "Tobin C. Harding" <me@tobin.cc> wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the development tree for
> scripts/leaking_addresses.pl included in Linux-next please.
>
> The tree is hosted on kernel.org
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tobin/leaks.git/
>
> I have created a branch called linux-next.  This branch is not tagged or
> signed.  I'm super new to kernel maintainer branch management, ATM the
> tree mirrors GregKH's staging tree setup i.e 3 branches
>
> 	master
> 	leaks-testing
> 	leaks-next
>
> Development done on leaks-testing.  Once patches have been rinsed
> through LKML move them to leaks-next.  Any holes in that?

That looks fine to me.  I have added your leaks-next branch from
today.  It would be nice to see some Reviewed-by or Acked-by tags on
your commits.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Pull Request for linux-next
@ 2018-02-25 22:13   ` Tobin C. Harding
From: Tobin C. Harding @ 2018-02-25 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 07:54:22AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Tobin,
>
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:59:07 +1100 "Tobin C. Harding" <me@tobin.cc> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be possible to get the development tree for
> > scripts/leaking_addresses.pl included in Linux-next please.
> >
> > The tree is hosted on kernel.org
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tobin/leaks.git/
> >
> > I have created a branch called linux-next.  This branch is not tagged or
> > signed.  I'm super new to kernel maintainer branch management, ATM the
> > tree mirrors GregKH's staging tree setup i.e 3 branches
> >
> > 	master
> > 	leaks-testing
> > 	leaks-next
> >
> > Development done on leaks-testing.  Once patches have been rinsed
> > through LKML move them to leaks-next.  Any holes in that?
>
> That looks fine to me.  I have added your leaks-next branch from
> today.  It would be nice to see some Reviewed-by or Acked-by tags on
> your commits.

Yeah I know that would be awesome, there doesn't seem to be a lot of
interest in this script ATM.  None of my recent patches have gotten any
comments what so ever.  We have a second maintainer now though so
hopefully there will be at least two sets of eyes going over it.

> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
> you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.

lol, that line made my heart jump into mouth ready for the comment to
come :)

> The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
>      * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
>         Signed-off-by,
>      * posted to the relevant mailing list,
>      * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
>      * successfully unit tested, and
>      * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
>
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Cheers,
Tobin.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Pull Request for linux-next
@ 2018-02-22  4:28     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-02-22  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Greentime,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:36:02 +0800 Greentime Hu <green.hu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about that.
> I did the following steps this time and please pull again.
>
> git remote add mainline https://github.com/torvalds/linux
> git fetch --all
> git checkout -b next v4.16-rc1
> git am ./tmp/*.patch
>
> Please let me know if I did something wrong.

Looks good.

I have added your tree from tomorrow.

@ 2018-02-22  3:36   ` Greentime Hu
From: Greentime Hu @ 2018-02-22  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Greentime,
>
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:14:39 +0800 Greentime Hu <green.hu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Could you please add https://github.com/andestech/linux.git next
>> to linux-next
>>
>> I will be sending pull requests to Linus for nds32 to be
>> included for 4.17 release.
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/14/423
>
> OK, I can't actually use your tree as it is at the moment.  It contains
> a set of patches that are copies of some commits in Linus' tree - it
> looks like a rebase gone wrong.  Please fix that up and try again.

Hi, Stephen:

@ 2018-02-22  0:29 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-02-22  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2018-02-21  8:14 Greentime Hu
From: Greentime Hu @ 2018-02-21  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,

Could you please add https://github.com/andestech/linux.git next
to linux-next

I will be sending pull requests to Linus for nds32 to be
included for 4.17 release.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/14/423

Thank you.
Greentime :)

* Re: Pull Request for linux-next
@ 2017-10-31 21:21 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-10-31 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Palmer Dabbelt; +Cc: linux-kernel, Arnd Bergmann, Olof Johansson, patches

Hi Palmer,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:43:26 -0700 (PDT) Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@dabbelt.com> wrote:

> I'd like to request that you add the following tree to linux-next
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/linux.git for-linux-next
>
> It contains the RISC-V port, which has been through 9 rounds of review on
> various public Linux mailing lists.  While the port isn't perfect, I've split
> out the commits for which we have general consensus and tagged them with
> "for-linux-next" (as opposed to our "riscv-next" tree).  I intend to continue
> updating the "for-linux-next" tag as we get more patches in good shape, with
> the idea being that the RISC-V arch port patches go in through here.
>
> I know it's a bit late in the cycle, but we've been waiting for you to come
> back from vacation before submitting the request so it didn't get lost
> somewhere.

Added from today as the risc-v tree with just you as the contact (I can
add other contacts if you want - they will be informed of conflicts and
build problems).

@ 2017-10-31 20:43 Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2017-10-31 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-kernel, Arnd Bergmann, Olof Johansson, patches

I'd like to request that you add the following tree to linux-next

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/linux.git for-linux-next

It contains the RISC-V port, which has been through 9 rounds of review on
various public Linux mailing lists.  While the port isn't perfect, I've split
out the commits for which we have general consensus and tagged them with
"for-linux-next" (as opposed to our "riscv-next" tree).  I intend to continue
updating the "for-linux-next" tag as we get more patches in good shape, with
the idea being that the RISC-V arch port patches go in through here.

I know it's a bit late in the cycle, but we've been waiting for you to come
back from vacation before submitting the request so it didn't get lost
somewhere.

Thanks!

* Re: PULL request for linux-next
@ 2009-11-15 22:52 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-11-15 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tejun Heo
  Cc: lkml, Thomas Gleixner, Oleg Nesterov, Rusty Russell, Ingo Molnar,
	Andrew Morton, Mike Travis, Frederic Weisbecker

Hi Tejun,

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:35:10 +0900 Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

> Can you please pull the following tree into linux-next?
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-next
>
> Currently, it only contains single patch from Thomas Gleixner to add
> debugobject support in workqueue but I'm planning on pushing
> concurrency managed workqueue patches through the above tree soonish.

Added to linux-next from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
	Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
sfr@canb.auug.org.au

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees.  You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next.  These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc.  The linux-next tree
project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc.  If you
don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
from participation in linux-next.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* PULL request for linux-next
@ 2009-11-15 16:35 Tejun Heo
From: Tejun Heo @ 2009-11-15 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, lkml; +Cc: Thomas Gleixner

Hello, Stephen.

Can you please pull the following tree into linux-next?

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-next

Currently, it only contains single patch from Thomas Gleixner to add
debugobject support in workqueue but I'm planning on pushing
concurrency managed workqueue patches through the above tree soonish.

Thank you very much.

--
tejun