LKML Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* [GIT PULL] signal fixes for v5.0-rc6
@ 2019-02-08 15:52 ebiederm
From: ebiederm @ 2019-02-08 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: linux-kernel, Oleg Nesterov, Dmitry Vyukov, Jack Andersen,
	Christian Brauner, Kees Cook, Thomas Gleixner

Linus,

Please pull the for-linus branch from the git tree:

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git for-linus

   HEAD:7146db3317c67b517258cb5e1b08af387da0618b signal: Better detection of synchronous signals

This contains 4 small fixes for signal handling.  A missing range check,
a regression fix, prioritizing signals we have already started a signal
group exit for, and better detection of synchronous signals.

The confused decision of which signals to handle failed spectacularly
when a timer was pointed at SIGBUS and the stack overflowed.  Resulting
in an unkillable process in an infinite loop instead of a SIGSEGV and
core dump.

Eric W. Biederman (4):
      signal: Make siginmask safe when passed a signal of 0
      signal: Always attempt to allocate siginfo for SIGSTOP
      signal: Always notice exiting tasks
      signal: Better detection of synchronous signals

 include/linux/signal.h |  2 +-
 kernel/signal.c        | 63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----

Eric

* Re: [GIT PULL] signal fixes for v5.0-rc6
@ 2019-02-09  0:40 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2019-02-09  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ebiederm
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Oleg Nesterov, Dmitry Vyukov,
	Jack Andersen, Christian Brauner, Kees Cook, Thomas Gleixner

The pull request you sent on Fri, 08 Feb 2019 09:52:02 -0600:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git for-linus

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/6b2912cedc238c984e6a4039836ed9c911121076

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

* Re: [GIT PULL] signal fixes for v5.0-rc6
@ 2019-02-11 16:47 ` Oleg Nesterov
From: Oleg Nesterov @ 2019-02-11 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric W. Biederman
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, Dmitry Vyukov, Jack Andersen,

On 02/08, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>       signal: Always notice exiting tasks

Sorry, I could not look at these patches before...

So I think this one should be reverted, it makes PTRACE_EVENT_EXIT even more broken.

Once again, why we can't do something like

	--- x/kernel/signal.c
	+++ x/kernel/signal.c
	@@ -209,6 +209,8 @@ int next_signal(struct sigpending *pendi
		 */