* IPX to Netware 5.1
@ 2001-06-11 12:50 Lauri Tischler
From: Lauri Tischler @ 2001-06-11 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've been mounting Netware volumes from Netware 4.1x to linux for
a quite a while now, works just fine.
We installed new Netware server with Netware 5.1 and I can't now
mount any volumes.  The error message is:
  ncpmount: Unknown Server error (0x8901) in nds login
  Login denied.
The error is same if I try bindery login.
Any IPX gurus here or hints or links about ??

Cheers..
--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
Tel:    +358-9-47846331        *       Mouse movement detected      *

* Re: IPX to Netware 5.1
@ 2001-06-11 22:15 Petr Vandrovec
From: Petr Vandrovec @ 2001-06-11 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew G. Marsh; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 11 Jun 01 at 14:56, Matthew G. Marsh wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Lauri Tischler wrote:
>
> > I've been mounting Netware volumes from Netware 4.1x to linux for
> > a quite a while now, works just fine.
> > We installed new Netware server with Netware 5.1 and I can't now
> > mount any volumes.  The error message is:
> >   ncpmount: Unknown Server error (0x8901) in nds login
> >   Login denied.
>
> Yep. We did some testing and found that if the server has a RW replica
> of the partition your user ID exists in then the NDS login will work.
> Otherwise nothing works. Also if you have password restrictions such as
> minumum number of characters then most users must have a password that is
> exactly the minimum number of characters unless they have admin
> (supervisor) priviledges. Has us baffled.
>
> We ended up making sure that the servers we use have RW replicas and that
> we use full context NDS logins.

Are you sure that you are using ncpfs-2.2.0.18? In that case try
ncpfs-2.2.0.19.pre56 (ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/private/ncpfs).

But RO/no replicas should not affect bindery login. Are you sure that
you really tried bindery ncpmount (with -b option)?
                                        Best regards,
                                                Petr Vandrovec
                                                vandrove@vc.cvut.cz