* w83627hf watchdog
@ 2003-12-04 19:15 Ethan Weinstein
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ethan Weinstein @ 2003-12-04 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Kernel

Hi,

My Supermicro X5DPL-iGM-O has a winbond w83627hf chip onboard that
includes a watchdog timer.  I found a driver on freshmeat that points
here: http://www.freestone.net/soft/pkg/w83627hf-wdt.tar.gz
but this does not seem to work correctly on 2.4.23, even with my
modifications to the ioports and registers that Supermicro sent me. I
have tried to contact the developer, he hasn't responded.  I also
located a post to linux-kerel quite sometime ago:

http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Dec/att-4150/w83627hf_wdt.c

  I haven't tried this driver just yet. The lm_sensors project seems to
include a driver for this chip as well, but not for the watchdog part.
The specifications Supermicro sent me for the watchdog function are
located here:

http://www.stinkfoot.org/wdt.txt

Any help would greatly be appreciated, I know this particular chip is
included with many motherboards.

Ethan