* [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Real-Time Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2021
@ 2021-07-23 11:58 Daniel Bristot de Oliveira
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Daniel Bristot de Oliveira @ 2021-07-23 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: linux-rt-users, LKML
Cc: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior, Thomas Gleixner, Valentin Schneider,
Juri Lelli, Dhaval Giani, Clark Williams, Kate Stewart,
Kate Carcia, Phil Auld, Paul E. McKenney, Joel Fernandes (Google),
Steven Rostedt, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo, Tom Zanussi,
Luis Claudio R. Gonçalves, John Kacur, Peter Zijlstra,
Ingo Molnar, Vincent Guittot, Mark Brown, Dietmar Eggemann,
The Real-time microconference focuses on finishing the last lap of getting the
PREEMPT_RT patch set into mainline. Many of these missing pieces, however,
are not at the core of real-time features (like locking, and scheduling), but
instead, on other subsystems that compose the kernel, like file systems and
memory management. Making this Linux subsystems compatible with PREEMPT_RT
requires finding a solution that is acceptable by subsystem maintainer, without
having these subsystems suffer from performance or complexity issues.
- New tools for PREEMPT_RT analysis .
- How do we teach the rest of the kernel developers how not to break
- Stable maintainers tools discussion & improvements: 
- The usage of PREEMPT_RT on safety-critical systems: what do we need to do?
- Make NAPI and the kernel-rt working better together 
- Migrate disable and the problems that they cause on rt tasks 
- It is time to discuss the "BKL"-like style of our preempt/bh/irq_disable()
- How do we close the documentation gap
- The status of the merge, and how can we resolve the last issues that block
- Invite the developers of the areas where patches are still under discussion
to help to find an agreement
- How can we improve the testing of the -rt, to follow the problems raised as
Linus tree advances?
- What’s next?
If you are interested in participating in this microconference and have topics
to propose, please use the LPC CfP process, and select "Real-time MC" for the
"Track". More topics will be added based on CfP for LPC microconference.
- Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Steven Rostedt <email@example.com>
- Clark Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dhaval Giani <email@example.com>
- Kate Stewart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-23 12:48 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-07-23 11:58 [ANNOUNCE] CFP: Real-Time Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2021 Daniel Bristot de Oliveira
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).