* Linux 4.4.2
@ 2016-02-17 20:37 Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2016-02-17 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, Andrew Morton, torvalds, stable; +Cc: lwn, Jiri Slaby

I'm announcing the release of the 4.4.2 kernel.

All users of the 4.4 kernel series must upgrade.

The updated 4.4.y git tree can be found at:
	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-4.4.y
and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser:
	http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary

thanks,

greg k-h

------------

 Makefile                                            |    2
 arch/parisc/include/asm/hugetlb.h                   |   20 -
 arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/siginfo.h              |    4
 arch/parisc/mm/hugetlbpage.c                        |   60 +++-
 arch/x86/crypto/chacha20-ssse3-x86_64.S             |    6
 block/blk-merge.c                                   |   31 ++
 crypto/af_alg.c                                     |   55 +++-
 crypto/ahash.c                                      |    5
 crypto/algif_hash.c                                 |  169 ++++++++++++-
 crypto/algif_skcipher.c                             |  252 +++++++++++++++-----
 crypto/crc32c_generic.c                             |    1
 crypto/crypto_user.c                                |    6
 crypto/shash.c                                      |    5
 crypto/skcipher.c                                   |    2
 drivers/ata/ahci.c                                  |   20 +
 drivers/ata/libahci.c                               |    4
 drivers/base/platform.c                             |   13 -
 drivers/block/zram/zcomp.c                          |    4
 drivers/block/zram/zcomp_lz4.c                      |   23 +
 drivers/block/zram/zcomp_lzo.c                      |   23 +
 drivers/block/zram/zram_drv.c                       |    7
 drivers/crypto/atmel-sha.c                          |   23 -
 drivers/crypto/caam/ctrl.c                          |    4
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cesa.c                       |    2
 drivers/crypto/sunxi-ss/sun4i-ss-core.c             |    2
 drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c                        |   15 +
 drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c                       |    4
 drivers/iommu/io-pgtable-arm.c                      |   11
 drivers/md/md.c                                     |   28 +-
 drivers/md/md.h                                     |    2
 drivers/md/multipath.c                              |    6
 drivers/md/raid1.c                                  |    6
 drivers/md/raid10.c                                 |    6
 drivers/media/i2c/ir-kbd-i2c.c                      |    1
 drivers/media/pci/saa7134/saa7134-alsa.c            |    5
 drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c                        |    3
 drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/regd.c         |    2
 drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8821ae/sw.c |    9
 drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/io.h                 |   10
 drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/spi.c                |   10
 drivers/pci/bus.c                                   |    6
 drivers/pci/host/pci-dra7xx.c                       |    3
 drivers/pci/host/pci-exynos.c                       |    3
 drivers/pci/host/pci-imx6.c                         |    3
 drivers/pci/host/pci-tegra.c                        |    2
 drivers/pci/host/pcie-rcar.c                        |    6
 drivers/pci/host/pcie-spear13xx.c                   |    3
 drivers/pci/host/pcie-xilinx.c                      |    3
 drivers/tty/n_tty.c                                 |    7
 drivers/tty/tty_io.c                                |   44 +++
 drivers/tty/tty_mutex.c                             |    8
 drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c                         |    9
 drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.h                         |    1
 drivers/usb/core/hub.c                              |    8
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-pci.c                         |   52 ++--
 drivers/usb/phy/phy-msm-usb.c                       |   37 +-
 drivers/usb/serial/cp210x.c                         |    1
 drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c                       |    1
 drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio_ids.h                   |    1
 drivers/usb/serial/option.c                         |   18 +
 drivers/usb/serial/visor.c                          |   11
 fs/ext4/crypto_key.c                                |    4
 fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c                                   |    1
 fs/ocfs2/dlm/dlmmaster.c                            |   26 +-
 fs/ocfs2/dlm/dlmrecovery.c                          |    2
 fs/ocfs2/dlmglue.c                                  |    6
 include/crypto/hash.h                               |    6
 include/crypto/if_alg.h                             |   11
 include/crypto/skcipher.h                           |    7
 include/linux/console.h                             |    1
 include/linux/hrtimer.h                             |   34 ++
 include/linux/tty.h                                 |    1
 include/sound/rawmidi.h                             |    4
 kernel/panic.c                                      |    3
 kernel/printk/printk.c                              |   35 ++
 kernel/sched/core.c                                 |    2
 kernel/time/hrtimer.c                               |   55 ++--
 kernel/time/timer_list.c                            |    2
 kernel/trace/trace.c                                |    2
 kernel/trace/trace_stack.c                          |    7
 lib/libcrc32c.c                                     |    1
 mm/backing-dev.c                                    |    2
 mm/zsmalloc.c                                       |   14 +
 security/integrity/evm/evm_main.c                   |    3
 sound/core/compress_offload.c                       |   11
 sound/core/oss/pcm_oss.c                            |   21 +
 sound/core/rawmidi.c                                |  134 +++++++---
 sound/core/seq/oss/seq_oss_init.c                   |    2
 sound/core/seq/oss/seq_oss_synth.c                  |    2
 sound/core/seq/seq_clientmgr.c                      |    3
 sound/core/seq/seq_ports.c                          |  233 ++++++++++--------
 sound/core/seq/seq_timer.c                          |   87 +++++-
 sound/core/seq/seq_virmidi.c                        |   23 +
 sound/core/timer.c                                  |   98 ++++---
 sound/drivers/dummy.c                               |   35 +-
 sound/firewire/bebob/bebob_stream.c                 |   14 -
 sound/isa/Kconfig                                   |    4
 sound/pci/Kconfig                                   |    3
 sound/pci/hda/hda_generic.c                         |   91 +++++--
 sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c                           |   13 +
 sound/pci/hda/hda_jack.c                            |    2
 sound/pci/hda/hda_jack.h                            |    2
 sound/pci/hda/patch_ca0132.c                        |    5
 sound/pci/hda/patch_cirrus.c                        |   27 ++
 sound/pci/hda/patch_hdmi.c                          |    5
 sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c                       |   85 ++++++
 sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c                      |    6
 sound/soc/codecs/rt5645.c                           |    2
 sound/soc/soc-pcm.c                                 |    3
 sound/sparc/Kconfig                                 |    1
 sound/usb/midi.c                                    |    1
 sound/usb/quirks.c                                  |   18 +

Alexandra Yates (1):
      ahci: Intel DNV device IDs SATA

Andrey Konovalov (1):
      ALSA: usb-audio: avoid freeing umidi object twice

Bard Liao (1):
      ASoC: rt5645: fix the shift bit of IN1 boost

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
      HID: multitouch: fix input mode switching on some Elan panels

Boris BREZILLON (1):
      crypto: marvell/cesa - fix test in mv_cesa_dev_dma_init()

Brian Norris (1):
      mtd: nand: assign reasonable default name for NAND drivers

Christoph Biedl (1):
      PCI: Fix minimum allocation address overwrite

Cyrille Pitchen (2):
      crypto: atmel-sha - fix atmel_sha_remove()
      crypto: atmel-sha - remove calls of clk_prepare() from atomic contexts

Dan Williams (1):
      md/raid: only permit hot-add of compatible integrity profiles

Daniele Palmas (1):
      USB: serial: option: Adding support for Telit LE922

David Henningsson (1):
      ALSA: hda - Fix static checker warning in patch_hdmi.c

Du, Changbin (1):
      usb: hub: do not clear BOS field during reset device

Eli Cooper (1):
      crypto: chacha20-ssse3 - Align stack pointer to 64 bytes

Greg Kroah-Hartman (2):
      USB: serial: ftdi_sio: add support for Yaesu SCU-18 cable
      Linux 4.4.2

Grygorii Strashko (1):
      PCI: host: Mark PCIe/PCI (MSI) IRQ cascade handlers as IRQF_NO_THREAD

Guillaume Fougnies (1):
      ALSA: usb-audio: Fix TEAC UD-501/UD-503/NT-503 usb delay

Helge Deller (2):
      parisc: Protect huge page pte changes with spinlocks
      parisc: Fix __ARCH_SI_PREAMBLE_SIZE

Herbert Xu (21):
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Require setkey before accept(2)
      crypto: af_alg - Disallow bind/setkey/... after accept(2)
      crypto: af_alg - Fix socket double-free when accept fails
      crypto: af_alg - Add nokey compatibility path
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Add nokey compatibility path
      crypto: hash - Add crypto_ahash_has_setkey
      crypto: algif_hash - Require setkey before accept(2)
      crypto: skcipher - Add crypto_skcipher_has_setkey
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Add key check exception for cipher_null
      crypto: af_alg - Allow af_af_alg_release_parent to be called on nokey path
      crypto: algif_hash - Remove custom release parent function
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Remove custom release parent function
      crypto: af_alg - Forbid bind(2) when nokey child sockets are present
      crypto: algif_hash - Fix race condition in hash_check_key
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Fix race condition in skcipher_check_key
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Load TX SG list after waiting
      crypto: algif_skcipher - sendmsg SG marking is off by one
      crypto: shash - Fix has_key setting
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Do not assume that req is unchanged
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Do not dereference ctx without socket lock
      crypto: algif_skcipher - Do not set MAY_BACKLOG on the async path

Horia Geant? (1):
      crypto: caam - make write transactions bufferable on PPC platforms

Ioan-Adrian Ratiu (1):
      HID: usbhid: fix recursive deadlock

Javier Martinez Canillas (1):
      media: i2c: Don't export ir-kbd-i2c module alias

Jean Delvare (1):
      crypto: crc32c - Fix crc32c soft dependency

Jerome Marchand (1):
      zram: don't call idr_remove() from zram_remove()

Johan Hovold (1):
      USB: visor: fix null-deref at probe

John Ernberg (1):
      USB: option: fix Cinterion AHxx enumeration

Junil Lee (1):
      zsmalloc: fix migrate_zspage-zs_free race condition

Jurgen Kramer (2):
      ALSA: usb-audio: Fix OPPO HA-1 vendor ID
      ALSA: usb-audio: Add native DSD support for PS Audio NuWave DAC

Kailang Yang (3):
      ALSA: hda/realtek - New codec support of ALC225
      ALSA: hda/realtek - Support headset mode for ALC225
      ALSA: hda/realtek - Support Dell headset mode for ALC225

Keith Busch (1):
      block: split bios to max possible length

Kyeongdon Kim (1):
      zram: try vmalloc() after kmalloc()

LABBE Corentin (1):
      crypto: sun4i-ss - add missing statesize

Larry Finger (2):
      rtlwifi: rtl8821ae: Fix errors in parameter initialization
      rtlwifi: rtl8821ae: Fix 5G failure when EEPROM is incorrectly encoded

Lev Lybin (1):
      ALSA: usb-audio: Add quirk for Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000

Libin Yang (1):
      ALSA: hda - disable dynamic clock gating on Broxton before reset

Lu Baolu (4):
      usb: cdc-acm: handle unlinked urb in acm read callback
      usb: cdc-acm: send zero packet for intel 7260 modem
      usb: xhci: handle both SSIC ports in PME stuck quirk
      usb: xhci: apply XHCI_PME_STUCK_QUIRK to Intel Broxton-M platforms

Lucas Tanure (1):
      ALSA: bebob: Use a signed return type for get_formation_index

Martin Wilck (1):
      base/platform: Fix platform drivers with no probe callback

Mathias Krause (1):
      crypto: user - lock crypto_alg_list on alg dump

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
      saa7134-alsa: Only frees registered sound cards

Ming Lei (1):
      block: fix bio splitting on max sectors

Peter Dedecker (1):
      USB: cp210x: add ID for IAI USB to RS485 adaptor

Peter Hurley (4):
      n_tty: Fix unsafe reference to "other" ldisc
      tty: Wait interruptibly for tty lock on reopen
      tty: Retry failed reopen if tty teardown in-progress
      tty: Fix unsafe ldisc reference via ioctl(TIOCGETD)

Raghavendra K T (1):
      sched: Fix crash in sched_init_numa()

Ryan Ware (1):
      EVM: Use crypto_memneq() for digest comparisons

Sergey Senozhatsky (1):
      zram/zcomp: use GFP_NOIO to allocate streams

Srinivas Kandagatla (1):
      usb: phy: msm: fix error handling in probe.

Steven Rostedt (1):
      tracing/stacktrace: Show entire trace if passed in function not found

Steven Rostedt (Red Hat) (1):
      tracing: Fix stacktrace skip depth in trace_buffer_unlock_commit_regs()

Takashi Iwai (24):
      ALSA: hda - Implement loopback control switch for Realtek and other codecs
      ALSA: Add missing dependency on CONFIG_SND_TIMER
      ALSA: compress: Disable GET_CODEC_CAPS ioctl for some architectures
      ALSA: dummy: Disable switching timer backend via sysfs
      ALSA: seq: Fix incorrect sanity check at snd_seq_oss_synth_cleanup()
      ALSA: seq: Degrade the error message for too many opens
      ALSA: rawmidi: Make snd_rawmidi_transmit() race-free
      ALSA: rawmidi: Remove kernel WARNING for NULL user-space buffer check
      ALSA: rawmidi: Fix race at copying & updating the position
      ALSA: pcm: Fix potential deadlock in OSS emulation
      ALSA: seq: Fix yet another races among ALSA timer accesses
      ALSA: seq: Fix race at closing in virmidi driver
      ALSA: seq: Fix lockdep warnings due to double mutex locks
      ALSA: timer: Code cleanup
      ALSA: timer: Fix leftover link at closing
      ALSA: timer: Fix link corruption due to double start or stop
      ALSA: timer: Fix race at concurrent reads
      ALSA: timer: Fix wrong instance passed to slave callbacks
      ALSA: timer: Fix race between stop and interrupt
      ALSA: hda - Add fixup for Mac Mini 7,1 model
      Revert "ALSA: hda - Fix noise on Gigabyte Z170X mobo"
      ALSA: hda - Fix speaker output from VAIO AiO machines
      ALSA: hda - Fix bad dereference of jack object
      ALSA: dummy: Implement timer backend switching more safely

Tariq Saeed (1):
      ocfs2: NFS hangs in __ocfs2_cluster_lock due to race with ocfs2_unblock_lock

Tejun Heo (2):
      printk: do cond_resched() between lines while outputting to consoles
      libata: disable forced PORTS_IMPL for >= AHCI 1.3

Tetsuo Handa (1):
      mm, vmstat: fix wrong WQ sleep when memory reclaim doesn't make any progress

Theodore Ts'o (1):
      ext4 crypto: add missing locking for keyring_key access

Thomas Gleixner (1):
      hrtimer: Handle remaining time proper for TIME_LOW_RES

Trond Myklebust (1):
      NFSv4.1/pnfs: Fixup an lo->plh_block_lgets imbalance in layoutreturn

Uri Mashiach (2):
      wlcore/wl12xx: spi: fix oops on firmware load
      wlcore/wl12xx: spi: fix NULL pointer dereference (Oops)

Vinod Koul (1):
      ASoC: dpcm: fix the BE state on hw_free

Vladis Dronov (1):
      USB: serial: visor: fix crash on detecting device without write_urbs

Wang, Rui Y (1):
      crypto: algif_hash - wait for crypto_ahash_init() to complete

Will Deacon (1):
      iommu/io-pgtable-arm: Ensure we free the final level on teardown

xuejiufei (2):
      ocfs2/dlm: ignore cleaning the migration mle that is inuse
      ocfs2/dlm: clear refmap bit of recovery lock while doing local recovery cleanup

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request from pty_write [was: Linux 4.4.2]
@ 2016-02-26 18:05 Linus Torvalds
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-02-26 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Hurley
	stable, lwn, Steven Rostedt

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Peter Hurley <peter@hurleysoftware.com> wrote:

> So more analysis would seem to confirm that RSP has been bumped +8
> while in ttwu_stat() so when the epilog executed, register restore
> was off by 1 qword. However, there's nothing in ttwu_stat() that
> results in stack pointer offset by +1 qword from prolog.

I agree.

That's why I'm actually starting to suspect that it's an AMD microcode
bug that we know very little about. There's apparently register
corruption (the guess being from NMI handling, but virtualization was
also involved) under some circumstances.

Of course, if Jiri isn't actually running this on an AMD CPU, that
theory flies right out the window. But we do have a reported oops on
the security list that looks totally different in the big picture, but
shares the exact same "corrupted stack pointer register state
resulting in crazy instruction pointer, resulting in NX fault"
behavior in the end.

In the other case, microcode patchlevel 0x0600081c was fine, and
0x06000832 is the one exhibiting the corruption problem.

I've contacted Robert Święcki (who found the microcode problem) in
case he wants to weigh in in this thread.. He was talking to some AMD
people, but I don't know the exactly who.

                  Linus