* linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the kselftest tree
@ 2018-11-27 20:36 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-11-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Shuah,

Commit

  623ea0df7083 ("selftests: firmware: remove use of non-standard diff -Z option")

is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the kselftest tree
@ 2018-11-27 21:17 ` shuah
From: shuah @ 2018-11-27 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On 11/27/18 1:36 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Shuah,
>
> Commit
>
>    623ea0df7083 ("selftests: firmware: remove use of non-standard diff -Z option")
>
> is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.

Thanks for catching this. I will fix it. This is the result of change
log content messing up the commit: The diff -Z in the change log
resulted in throwing out the Signed-off and Acked-by.

diff -Z is used to trim the trailing whitespace when comparing the
loaded firmware file with the source firmware file. However, per the
comment in the source code, -Z should not be necessary. In testing, the
input and output files are identical.

Additionally, -Z is not a standard option and is not available in
environments such as busybox. When -Z is not supported, diff fails with
a usage error, which is suppressed, but then causes read_firmwares() to
exit with a false failure message.

Oh well! I will fix-up the change-log and amend the commit.

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the kselftest tree
@ 2018-11-27 22:27   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-11-27 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)