* RE: Why is Device3Dfx driver (voodoo1/2) not in the kernel?
@ 2001-09-28  0:24 Grover, Andrew
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2001-09-28  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Simmons', Alan Cox; +Cc: Jason McMullan, linux-kernel

> From: James Simmons [mailto:jsimmons@transvirtual.com]
> > > different VCs. The current system allows it too but it is
> more of a later
> > > add on hack. I have a much cleaner implementation which
> does what you ask
> > > of the above.
> >
> > The requirements of ACPI may yet see you get your wish ...
>
> Let me guess. Insane like the rest of it.

Aww why'd you have to go and say that? Alan for once didn't bash ACPI
(;-)))) and you have to step up and do so?

Knowing ACPI intimately, I can say it deserves several unflattering
adjectives (insane isn't one of them) but also many good qualities that will
be obvious once implementation is complete.

Regards -- Andy
(Insane ACPI maintainer)

* Why is Device3Dfx driver (voodoo1/2) not in the kernel?
@ 2001-09-19 12:44 Steven Griffiths
From: Steven Griffiths @ 2001-09-19 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Does anyone know why the Device3Dfx kernel driver is not in the standard
kernel?

Would anyone be willing to accept a patch?