* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-07-20  3:46 Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-07-20  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi,

thanks for the new RC.

I wonder why there is a time gap between tagging v5.8-rc6 in [1]
(first) and [2] (15-16mins later).
Can you explain that?
( Here it is UTC+2 means 9 hours ahead of your local-time - I started
my build 01:02 a.m. local-time. )

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-07-20 20:48 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-07-20 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:47 PM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder why there is a time gap between tagging v5.8-rc6 in [1]
> (first) and [2] (15-16mins later).
> Can you explain that?

Usually I push to github and kernel.org at the same time.

But every once in a while, my OTP token for kernel.org expires, and
then I have to get my OPT token generator and update it and push
again.

So sometimes github ends up getting my pushes earlier, simply because
it doesn't have quite the same kind of strict security checks.

            Linus

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-07-21  8:16   ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-07-21  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:48 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 8:47 PM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder why there is a time gap between tagging v5.8-rc6 in [1]
> > (first) and [2] (15-16mins later).
> > Can you explain that?
>
> Usually I push to github and kernel.org at the same time.
>
> But every once in a while, my OTP token for kernel.org expires, and
> then I have to get my OPT token generator and update it and push
> again.
>
> So sometimes github ends up getting my pushes earlier, simply because
> it doesn't have quite the same kind of strict security checks.

Hi Linus,

OK, I understand.

You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
then GitHub.

Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.

To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
(German local-time).

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-07-21 15:14     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-07-21 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:17 AM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:

> You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
> linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
> then GitHub.

Just script it. IOW, do

   git pull ..kernel.org..
   git pull ...github..

and if you _want_ to, you can just create an alias for that in your
.gitconfig so that you can do it with one "git update" command or
whatever.

But normally, they are both updated at pretty much the same time.

             Linus

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-08-10 15:30     ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2020-08-10 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sedat,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
> linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
> then GitHub.
>
> Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
> Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.
>
> To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
> 15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
> (German local-time).

Assumed your cloned from kernel.org:

    git remote add github https://github.com/torvalds/linux

After that:
  1. "git remote update" will fetch data from both origin and github,
  2. "git merge $(git tag | grep -v rc | sort -n | tail -1)" will
     merge in the latest release, if you don't have it merged already.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-08-10 15:32       ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-08-10 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Hi Sedat,
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
> > linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
> > then GitHub.
> >
> > Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
> > Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.
> >
> > To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
> > 15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
> > (German local-time).
>
> Assumed your cloned from kernel.org:
>
>     git remote add github https://github.com/torvalds/linux
>
> After that:
>   1. "git remote update" will fetch data from both origin and github,
>   2. "git merge $(git tag | grep -v rc | sort -n | tail -1)" will
>      merge in the latest release, if you don't have it merged already.

Thanks Geert - you saved 15min of my sleeping-/bed-time :-).

- Sedat -

* Re: Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2021-02-14 22:12       ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2021-02-14 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Hi Sedat,
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
> > linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
> > then GitHub.
> >
> > Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
> > Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.
> >
> > To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
> > 15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
> > (German local-time).
>
> Assumed your cloned from kernel.org:
>
>     git remote add github https://github.com/torvalds/linux
>
> After that:
>   1. "git remote update" will fetch data from both origin and github,
>   2. "git merge $(git tag | grep -v rc | sort -n | tail -1)" will
>      merge in the latest release, if you don't have it merged already.

Last week or so I really used your recommendation.
Thanks Geert.

- Sedat -

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>                         Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org
>
> In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
>                                 -- Linus Torvalds

* Linux 5.8-rc6
@ 2020-07-19 23:03 Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-07-19 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Things continue to look very normal, even if this is a big release.
rc6 is pretty much par for the course, and nothing in here stands out
size-wise or otherwise.

The stats all look normal, with a fairly flat diffstat (so no huge
hotspots, no big scary changes). Drivers (all over), architecture
updates (arm64, x86), with some filesystem and core kernel changes.

Shortlog appended, but I doubt most people will find anything exciting
in there. Which is all good. Calm and boring is how I like it.

            Linus

---

AceLan Kao (1):
      USB: serial: option: add Quectel EG95 LTE modem

Alex Deucher (1):
      drm/amdgpu/display: create fake mst encoders ahead of time (v4)

Alex Hung (1):
      thermal: int3403_thermal: Downgrade error message

Alexander Lobakin (1):
      virtio: virtio_console: add missing MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE() for rproc serial

Alexander Shishkin (4):
      intel_th: pci: Add Jasper Lake CPU support
      intel_th: pci: Add Tiger Lake PCH-H support
      intel_th: pci: Add Emmitsburg PCH support
      intel_th: Fix a NULL dereference when hub driver is not loaded

Alexander Usyskin (1):
      mei: bus: don't clean driver pointer

Amir Goldstein (7):
      ovl: relax WARN_ON() when decoding lower directory file handle
      ovl: fix oops in ovl_indexdir_cleanup() with nfs_export=on
      ovl: fix regression with re-formatted lower squashfs
      ovl: force read-only sb on failure to create index dir
      ovl: fix mount option checks for nfs_export with no upperdir
      ovl: fix unneeded call to ovl_change_flags()
      ovl: fix lookup of indexed hardlinks with metacopy

Andreas Schwab (1):
      riscv: use 16KB kernel stack on 64-bit

Andy Lutomirski (1):
      x86/ioperm: Fix io bitmap invalidation on Xen PV

Andy Shevchenko (3):
      dmaengine: dw: Initialize channel before each transfer
      serial: core: Initialise spin lock before use in uart_configure_port()
      platform/x86: thinkpad_acpi: Revert "Use strndup_user() in
dispatch_proc_write()"

Aneesh Kumar K.V (1):
      powerpc/book3s64/pkeys: Fix pkey_access_permitted() for execute
disable pkey

Angelo Dureghello (1):
      dmaengine: fsl-edma: fix wrong tcd endianness for big-endian cpu

Anna Schumaker (1):
      NFS: Fix interrupted slots by sending a solo SEQUENCE operation

Anthony Iliopoulos (1):
      nvme: explicitly update mpath disk capacity on revalidation

Armas Spann (1):
      ALSA: hda/realtek: enable headset mic of ASUS ROG Zephyrus
G14(G401) series with ALC289

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (2):
      perf tools: Sync hashmap.h with libbpf's
      tools arch kvm: Sync kvm headers with the kernel sources

Arnd Bergmann (2):
      phy: intel: fix enum type mismatch warning
      x86: math-emu: Fix up 'cmp' insn for clang ias

Arvind Sankar (1):
      x86/boot: Don't add the EFI stub to targets

Bartosz Szczepanek (1):
      thermal/int340x_thermal: Prevent page fault on .set_mode() op

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
      ARM: imx: Remove imx_add_imx_dma() unused irq_err argument

Caiyuan Xie (1):
      HID: alps: support devices with report id 2

Chandrakanth Patil (1):
      scsi: megaraid_sas: Remove undefined ENABLE_IRQ_POLL macro

Charan Teja Kalla (1):
      dmabuf: use spinlock to access dmabuf->name

Chen Tao (1):
      ARM: OMAP2+: Fix possible memory leak in omap_hwmod_allocate_module

Chirantan Ekbote (1):
      fuse: Fix parameter for FS_IOC_{GET,SET}FLAGS

Chris Wilson (2):
      drm/i915/gt: Ignore irq enabling on the virtual engines
      drm/i915/gt: Only swap to a random sibling once upon creation

Christian Hewitt (1):
      soc: amlogic: meson-gx-socinfo: Fix S905X3 and S905D3 ID's

Christophe JAILLET (1):
      iio: adc: ad7780: Fix a resource handling path in 'ad7780_probe()'

Christophe Leroy (1):
      tty: serial: cpm_uart: Fix behaviour for non existing GPIOs

Chu Lin (1):
      hwmon: (adm1275) Make sure we are reading enough data for different chips

Chuck Lever (4):
      xprtrdma: Fix double-free in rpcrdma_ep_create()
      xprtrdma: Fix recursion into rpcrdma_xprt_disconnect()
      xprtrdma: Fix return code from rpcrdma_xprt_connect()
      xprtrdma: Fix handling of connect errors

Chuhong Yuan (2):
      iio: mma8452: Add missed iio_device_unregister() call in mma8452_probe()
      serial: mxs-auart: add missed iounmap() in probe failure and remove

Colin Ian King (2):
      phy: sun4i-usb: fix dereference of pointer phy0 before it is null checked
      xprtrdma: fix incorrect header size calculations

Cristian Marussi (1):
      hwmon: (scmi) Fix potential buffer overflow in scmi_hwmon_probe()

Dan Carpenter (2):
      coresight: cti: Fix error handling in probe
      staging: comedi: verify array index is correct before using it

Dave Jiang (3):
      dmaengine: idxd: fix hw descriptor fields for delta record
      dmaengine: idxd: cleanup workqueue config after disabling
      dmaengine: idxd: fix misc interrupt handler thread unmasking

Dave Wang (1):
      Input: elan_i2c - add more hardware ID for Lenovo laptops

David Gow (1):
      clk: Specify IOMEM dependency for HSDK pll driver

David Howells (1):
      afs: Fix interruption of operations

David Pedersen (1):
      Input: i8042 - add Lenovo XiaoXin Air 12 to i8042 nomux list

David Rheinsberg (1):
      MAINTAINERS: update uhid and hid-wiimote entry

Derek Basehore (1):
      Input: elan_i2c - only increment wakeup count on touch

Dilip Kota (1):
      phy: intel: Fix compilation error on FIELD_PREP usage

Dinghao Liu (2):
      iio: magnetometer: ak8974: Fix runtime PM imbalance on error
      dmaengine: tegra210-adma: Fix runtime PM imbalance on error

Dinh Nguyen (3):
      arm64: dts: agilex: add status to qspi dts node
      arm64: dts: stratix10: add status to qspi dts node
      arm64: dts: stratix10: increase QSPI reg address in nand dts file

Dmitry Torokhov (2):
      HID: magicmouse: do not set up autorepeat
      Revert "Input: elants_i2c - report resolution information for touch major"

Douglas Anderson (1):
      regmap: debugfs: Don't sleep while atomic for fast_io regmaps

Eddie James (1):
      clk: AST2600: Add mux for EMMC clock

Enric Balletbo i Serra (1):
      Revert "thermal: mediatek: fix register index error"

Esben Haabendal (2):
      uio_pdrv_genirq: Remove warning when irq is not specified
      uio_pdrv_genirq: fix use without device tree and no interrupt

Evgeny Novikov (2):
      hwmon: (aspeed-pwm-tacho) Avoid possible buffer overflow
      usb: gadget: udc: gr_udc: fix memleak on error handling path in
gr_ep_init()

Fabio Estevam (1):
      dmaengine: imx-sdma: Fix: Remove 'always true' comparison

Federico Ricchiuto (1):
      HID: i2c-hid: add Mediacom FlexBook edge13 to descriptor override

Frederic Weisbecker (2):
      timer: Prevent base->clk from moving backward
      timer: Fix wheel index calculation on last level

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
      iommu: SUN50I_IOMMU should depend on HAS_DMA

Guenter Roeck (3):
      drm/aspeed: Call drm_fbdev_generic_setup after drm_dev_register
      ARM: imx: Provide correct number of resources when registering
gpio devices
      hwmon: (nct6775) Accept PECI Calibration as temperature source
for NCT6798D

Hans de Goede (3):
      HID: apple: Disable Fn-key key-re-mapping on clone keyboards
      virt: vbox: Fix VBGL_IOCTL_VMMDEV_REQUEST_BIG and _LOG req
numbers to match upstream
      virt: vbox: Fix guest capabilities mask check

Haren Myneni (2):
      powerpc/vas: Report proper error code for address translation failure
      selftests/powerpc: Use proper error code to check fault address

Heikki Krogerus (2):
      usb: dwc3: pci: add support for the Intel Tiger Lake PCH -H variant
      usb: dwc3: pci: add support for the Intel Jasper Lake

Igor Moura (1):
      USB: serial: ch341: add new Product ID for CH340

Ilya Katsnelson (1):
      Input: synaptics - enable InterTouch for ThinkPad X1E 1st gen

Ingo Molnar (1):
      x86/entry/32: Fix XEN_PV build dependency

Jack Xiao (2):
      drm/amdgpu/gfx10: fix race condition for kiq
      drm/amdgpu: fix preemption unit test

James Hilliard (2):
      USB: serial: cypress_m8: enable Simply Automated UPB PIM
      HID: quirks: Ignore Simply Automated UPB PIM

Jan Kiszka (1):
      Revert "tty: xilinx_uartps: Fix missing id assignment to the console"

Jerome Brunet (1):
      arm64: dts: meson: add missing gxl rng clock

Jian Cai (1):
      x86/entry: Add compatibility with IAS

Jian-Hong Pan (1):
      ALSA: hda/realtek: Enable headset mic of Acer TravelMate
B311R-31 with ALC256

Joerg Roedel (1):
      iommu/amd: Make amd_iommu_apply_ivrs_quirks() static inline

Johan Hovold (4):
      Revert "serial: core: Refactor uart_unlock_and_check_sysrq()"
      serial: core: fix sysrq overhead regression
      serial: core: drop redundant sysrq checks
      USB: serial: iuu_phoenix: fix memory corruptionAceLan Kao (1):
[...]

Jonathan Cameron (6):
      iio:health:afe4403 Fix timestamp alignment and prevent data leak.
      iio:health:afe4404 Fix timestamp alignment and prevent data leak.
      iio:magnetometer:ak8974: Fix alignment and data leak issues
      iio:humidity:hdc100x Fix alignment and data leak issues
      iio:humidity:hts221 Fix alignment and data leak issues
      iio:pressure:ms5611 Fix buffer element alignment

Jordan Crouse (1):
      iommu/arm-smmu: Mark qcom_smmu_client_of_match as possibly unused

Josip Pavic (1):
      drm/amd/display: handle failed allocation during stream construction

Jörgen Storvist (1):
      USB: serial: option: add GosunCn GM500 series

Kailang Yang (3):
      ALSA: hda/realtek - change to suitable link model for ASUS platform
      ALSA: hda/realtek - Enable Speaker for ASUS UX533 and UX534
      ALSA: hda/realtek - Enable Speaker for ASUS UX563

Kees Cook (1):
      x86/entry: Actually disable stack protector

Konrad Dybcio (1):
      regulator: qcom_smd: Fix pmi8994 label

Krzysztof Kozlowski (6):
      dmaengine: fsl-edma: Add lockdep assert for exported function
      dmaengine: fsl-edma: Fix NULL pointer exception in fsl_edma_tx_handler
      dmaengine: mcf-edma: Fix NULL pointer exception in mcf_edma_tx_handler
      ARM: dts: meson: Align L2 cache-controller nodename with dtschema
      ARM: dts: socfpga: Align L2 cache-controller nodename with dtschema
      arm64: dts: spcfpga: Align GIC, NAND and UART nodenames with dtschema

Lad Prabhakar (2):
      serial: sh-sci: Initialize spinlock for uart console
      arm64: defconfig: Enable CONFIG_PCIE_RCAR_HOST

Leonid Ravich (1):
      dmaengine: ioat setting ioat timeout as module parameter

Linus Torvalds (2):
      mm: document warning in move_normal_pmd() and make it warn only once
      Linux 5.8-rc6

Lukas Bulwahn (1):
      MAINTAINERS: remove obsolete entry after file renaming

Maarten Lankhorst (1):
      drm/i915: Move cec_notifier to intel_hdmi_connector_unregister, v2.

Maciej S. Szmigiero (2):
      HID: logitech-hidpp: avoid repeated "multiplier = " log messages
      hwmon: (drivetemp) Avoid SCT usage on Toshiba DT01ACA family drives

Marc Kleine-Budde (2):
      regmap: dev_get_regmap_match(): fix string comparison
      spi: spi-sun6i: sun6i_spi_transfer_one(): fix setting of clock rate

Mathieu Desnoyers (1):
      sched: Fix unreliable rseq cpu_id for new tasks

Matt Ranostay (1):
      iio: core: add missing IIO_MOD_H2/ETHANOL string identifiers

Maxime Ripard (2):
      iommu/sun50i: Change the readl timeout to the atomic variant
      iommu/sun50i: Remove unused variable

Mazin Rezk (1):
      HID: logitech: Use HIDPP_RECEIVER_INDEX instead of 0xff

Merlijn Wajer (2):
      Input: add `SW_MACHINE_COVER`
      ARM: dts: n900: remove mmc1 card detect gpio

Michał Mirosław (3):
      misc: atmel-ssc: lock with mutex instead of spinlock
      usb: gadget: udc: atmel: remove outdated comment in usba_ep_disable()
      usb: gadget: udc: atmel: fix uninitialized read in debug printk

Mika Westerberg (1):
      thunderbolt: Fix path indices used in USB3 tunnel discovery

Mike Leach (1):
      coresight: etmv4: Fix CPU power management setup in probe() function

Miklos Szeredi (6):
      fuse: move rb_erase() before tree_insert()
      fuse: fix warning in tree_insert() and clean up writepage insertion
      fuse: use ->reconfigure() instead of ->remount_fs()
      fuse: ignore 'data' argument of mount(..., MS_REMOUNT)
      fuse: reject options on reconfigure via fsconfig(2)
      fuse: clean up condition for writepage sending

Minas Harutyunyan (1):
      usb: dwc2: Fix shutdown callback in platform

Nathan Chancellor (1):
      clk: mvebu: ARMADA_AP_CPU_CLK needs to select ARMADA_AP_CP_HELPER

Naveen Krishna Chatradhi (1):
      hwmon: (amd_energy) match for supported models

Navid Emamdoost (1):
      iio: pressure: zpa2326: handle pm_runtime_get_sync failure

Neil Armstrong (1):
      arm64: dts: meson-gxl-s805x: reduce initial Mali450 core frequency

Nicolas Saenz Julienne (5):
      dma-direct: provide function to check physical memory area validity
      dma-pool: get rid of dma_in_atomic_pool()
      dma-pool: introduce dma_guess_pool()
      dma-pool: make sure atomic pool suits device
      dma-pool: do not allocate pool memory from CMA

Nikhil Rao (1):
      dmaengine: idxd: fix cdev locking for open and release

Nuno Sá (1):
      iio: adc: adi-axi-adc: Fix object reference counting

Olga Kornievskaia (1):
      SUNRPC reverting d03727b248d0 ("NFSv4 fix CLOSE not waiting for
direct IO compeletion")

Palmer Dabbelt (1):
      RISC-V: Upgrade smp_mb__after_spinlock() to iorw,iorw

Pavel Begunkov (1):
      io_uring: fix recvmsg memory leak with buffer selection

PeiSen Hou (1):
      ALSA: hda/realtek - fixup for yet another Intel reference board

Peng Fan (1):
      soc: imx: check ls1021a

Peter Chen (3):
      usb: chipidea: core: add wakeup support for extcon
      usb: cdns3: ep0: fix some endian issues
      usb: cdns3: trace: fix some endian issues

Peter Ujfalusi (5):
      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Use correct node to read "ti,udma-atype"
      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Fix cleanup code for alloc_chan_resources
      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Fix the running channel handling in
alloc_chan_resources
      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Fix delayed_work usage for tx drain workaround
      dmaengine: dmatest: stop completed threads when running without
set channel

Peter Zijlstra (1):
      sched: Fix loadavg accounting race

Pierre-Louis Bossart (2):
      soundwire: intel: fix memory leak with devm_kasprintf
      regmap: add missing dependency on SoundWire

Qi Liu (2):
      drivers/perf: Fix kernel panic when rmmod PMU modules during perf sampling
      drivers/perf: Prevent forced unbinding of PMU drivers

Qian Cai (1):
      iommu: Fix use-after-free in iommu_release_device

Rafael J. Wysocki (1):
      cpufreq: intel_pstate: Fix active mode setting from command line

Randy Dunlap (2):
      tty/serial: fix serial_core.c kernel-doc warnings
      usb: gadget: fix langid kernel-doc warning in usbstring.c

Ravi Bangoria (1):
      libsubcmd: Fix OPT_CALLBACK_SET()

Rikard Falkeborn (2):
      phy: ti: am654-serdes: Constify regmap_config
      phy: ti: j721e-wiz: Constify structs

Robin Gong (1):
      dmaengine: fsl-edma-common: correct DSIZE_32BYTE

Rodrigo Rivas Costa (1):
      HID: steam: fixes race in handling device list.

Roland Scheidegger (1):
      drm/vmwgfx: fix update of display surface when resolution changes

Saravana Kannan (3):
      driver core: Don't do deferred probe in parallel with kernel_init thread
      driver core: Rename dev_links_info.defer_sync to defer_hook
      driver core: Avoid deferred probe due to fw_devlink_pause/resume()

Satheesh Rajendran (1):
      powerpc/pseries/svm: Fix incorrect check for shared_lppaca_size

Sebastian Parschauer (1):
      HID: quirks: Always poll Obins Anne Pro 2 keyboard

Sedat Dilek (1):
      x86/entry: Fix vectors to IDTENTRY_SYSVEC for CONFIG_HYPERV

Seth Forshee (1):
      regulator: rename da903x to da903x-regulator

Srinivas Pandruvada (1):
      platform/x86: ISST: Add new PCI device ids

Sudeep Holla (1):
      drm/i915/selftests: Fix compare functions provided for sorting

Syed Nayyar Waris (2):
      counter: 104-quad-8: Add lock guards - differential encoder
      counter: 104-quad-8: Add lock guards - filter clock prescaler

Takashi Iwai (3):
      ALSA: line6: Perform sanity check for each URB creation
      ALSA: line6: Sync the pending work cancel at disconnection
      ALSA: usb-audio: Fix race against the error recovery URB submission

Thomas Gleixner (5):
      x86/traps: Disable interrupts in exc_aligment_check()
      x86/entry: Mark check_user_regs() noinstr
      x86/entry/common: Make prepare_exit_to_usermode() static
      irqdomain/treewide: Keep firmware node unconditionally allocated
      genirq/affinity: Handle affinity setting on inactive interrupts correctly

Tiezhu Yang (1):
      phy: rockchip: Fix return value of inno_dsidphy_probe()

Tim Harvey (1):
      ARM: dts: imx6qdl-gw551x: fix audio SSI

Tom Rix (1):
      USB: c67x00: fix use after free in c67x00_giveback_urb

Tony Lindgren (3):
      bus: ti-sysc: Fix wakeirq sleeping function called from invalid context
      bus: ti-sysc: Fix sleeping function called from invalid context
for RTC quirk
      bus: ti-sysc: Do not disable on suspend for no-idle

Umesh Nerlige Ramappa (1):
      drm/i915/perf: Use GTT when saving/restoring engine GPR

Vasiliy Kupriakov (1):
      platform/x86: asus-wmi: allow BAT1 battery name

Vasily Averin (1):
      fuse: don't ignore errors from fuse_writepages_fill()

Ville Syrjälä (1):
      drm/i915: Recalculate FBC w/a stride when needed

Vincent Guittot (1):
      sched/fair: handle case of task_h_load() returning 0

Vinod Koul (1):
      MAINTAINERS: switch dmaengine tree to kernel.org

Vishwas M (1):
      hwmon: (emc2103) fix unable to change fan pwm1_enable attribute

Wade Mealing (1):
      Revert "zram: convert remaining CLASS_ATTR() to CLASS_ATTR_RO()"

Walter Lozano (1):
      opp: Increase parsed_static_opps in _of_add_opp_table_v1()

Wei Yongjun (1):
      keys: asymmetric: fix error return code in software_key_query()

Will Deacon (9):
      efi/libstub/arm64: Retain 2MB kernel Image alignment if !KASLR
      arm64: ptrace: Consistently use pseudo-singlestep exceptions
      arm64: ptrace: Override SPSR.SS when single-stepping is enabled
      arm64: compat: Ensure upper 32 bits of x0 are zero on syscall return
      arm64: ptrace: Add a comment describing our syscall entry/exit trap ABI
      arm64: syscall: Expand the comment about ptrace and syscall(-1)
      arm64: ptrace: Use NO_SYSCALL instead of -1 in syscall_trace_enter()
      arm64: Use test_tsk_thread_flag() for checking TIF_SINGLESTEP
      asm-generic/mmiowb: Allow mmiowb_set_pending() when preemptible()

Xiaojie Yuan (1):
      drm/amdgpu/sdma5: fix wptr overwritten in ->get_wptr()

Yoshihiro Shimoda (1):
      dmaengine: sh: usb-dmac: set tx_result parameters

Yu Kuai (1):
      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: add missing put_device() call in
of_xudma_dev_get()

Zhang Qiang (1):
      usb: gadget: function: fix missing spinlock in f_uac1_legacy

chen gong (1):
      drm/amdgpu/powerplay: Modify SMC message name for setting power
profile mode

dillon min (1):
      ARM: dts: Fix dcan driver probe failed on am437x platform

hersen wu (1):
      drm/amd/display: OLED panel backlight adjust not work with
external display connected

leilk.liu (1):
      spi: mediatek: use correct SPI_CFG2_REG MACRO

youngjun (3):
      ovl: inode reference leak in ovl_is_inuse true case.
      ovl: change ovl_copy_up_flags static
      ovl: remove not used argument in ovl_check_origin