* Best gigabit card for linux
@ 2001-09-18  2:59 Abe Hayhurst
From: Abe Hayhurst @ 2001-09-18  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi Alan,

I wanted to know your opinion as to which combination of gigabit cards (both
fiber and copper) and drivers would yield the best performance (mostly
transferring large files from server to client, but also latency) in Linux.
I am not a programmer, a kernel tweaker, or a driver developer. I need a
card that either has a driver that comes with Red Hat Linux 7.1 or is easy
to install and needs minimal tweaks to the driver. I am currently
considering cards from 3Com (Alteon), Broadcom, Intel, and SysKonnect.

Thanks for your help,

Abe Hayhurst