* Re: PCMCIA control I82365 stops working with 2.4.4
@ 2001-08-01 10:40 Per Jessen
From: Per Jessen @ 2001-08-01 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-laptop

On Sat, 19 May 2001 20:23:03 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

>I recently installed 2.4.4 on my toshiba tecra8100 laptop, and
>noticed that the load of the i82365 module no longer works.
>The PCIC is not detected.
>I switched back to 2.4.3, and everything works fine.

I have since moved on to 2.4.5, 2.4.6 and 2.4.7 - the i82365 is
still not being detected. Should I be talking to Toshiba about this ?
Not having the i82365 module loaded means not being able to use my
PCMCIA network card - pretty bad situation.

Also, I have WinNT installed too - when I switch between WinNT boot
Linux, unless I press RESET, my PCMCIA card is not properly recognised.
This I can live with, but it's still a bug.

Am I addressing the right mailing-list ? I'll copy this to lkml,
just in case.

regards,
Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Principal Engineer, ENIDAN Technologies Ltd
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Please note:  This message is intended for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended, or is not the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
email.  Thank you.