* CCISS driver and disk failure...
@ 2003-02-04 21:53 David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2003-02-04 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

Does anyone know of an easy way to get messages (via syslog or
otherwise) when a member disk of a CCISS SMART-2 raid array fails?
Grepping through drivers/block/cciss.c didn't yield any obvious
printk's. My gut feeling is that one could get the disk failure
information through one of the CCISS_PASSTHRU ioctls(); I saw some
reference to a similar call in code for monitoring the cpqarray
driver.

HP appears to have some sort of management suite, but it appears to
require X11 server-side, which isn't an option on this machine.

Is there an easy way to get disk failure information from the CCISS
driver, or should I continue relying on the pretty LEDs? :)

Thanks in advance,

- Dave