* LTP nightly regression results for 2.6.0-test3-bk2,bk3,bk5,bk6,bk7,mm3,mjb1
@ 2003-08-20 21:30 Paul Larson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Paul Larson @ 2003-08-20 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml, ltp-results, linstab

Here's the latest batch of LTP test results for the latest 2.6 bk
snapshots and mm/mjb trees.  These results and previous results are
archived at: http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/

Thanks,
Paul Larson

2.6.0-test3-bk1-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk2
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-bk1-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk2/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-bk1    2.6.0-test3-bk2     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
setegid01      FAIL               PASS                    N            Y
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N

2.6.0-test3-bk2-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk3
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-bk2-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk3/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-bk2    2.6.0-test3-bk3     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
gettimeofday   PASS               FAIL                    Y            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
syslog04       PASS               FAIL                    Y            N

*** bk4 failed to compile, but the failure was quickly fixed in bk5 ***

2.6.0-test3-bk3-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk5
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-bk3-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk5/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-bk3    2.6.0-test3-bk5     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
gettimeofday   FAIL               PASS                    N            Y
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
syslog04       FAIL               FAIL                    N            N

2.6.0-test3-bk5-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk6
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-bk5-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk6/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-bk5    2.6.0-test3-bk6     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
syslog04       FAIL               PASS                    N            Y

2.6.0-test3-bk6-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk7
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-bk6-vs-2.6.0-test3-bk7/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-bk6    2.6.0-test3-bk7     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
gettimeofday   PASS               FAIL                    Y            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
syslog04       PASS               FAIL                    Y            N

2.6.0-test3-mm2-vs-2.6.0-test3-mm3
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-mm2-vs-2.6.0-test3-mm3/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3-mm2    2.6.0-test3-mm3     Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N

2.6.0-test3-vs-2.6.0-test3-mjb1
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/2.6.0-test3-vs-2.6.0-test3-mjb1/
Test Name      2.6.0-test3        2.6.0-test3-mjb1    Regression  Improvement
alarm03        FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
getgroups03    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
nanosleep02    FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
setegid01      FAIL               PASS                    N            Y
swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N

* Re: LTP nightly regression results for 2.6.0-test3-bk2,bk3,bk5,bk6,bk7,mm3,mjb1
@ 2003-08-21  4:56 ` George Anzinger
From: George Anzinger @ 2003-08-21  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Larson; +Cc: lkml, ltp-results, linstab

Paul Larson wrote:

> Here's the latest batch of LTP test results for the latest 2.6 bk
> snapshots and mm/mjb trees.  These results and previous results are
> archived at: http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Larson

Ok, so suppose I want to tackle one (or more) of these.  Where do I
find the sources for the test.  And if I find the test in error, what
do I do?

--
George Anzinger   george@mvista.com
High-res-timers:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/

* Re: LTP nightly regression results for 2.6.0-test3-bk2,bk3,bk5,bk6,bk7,mm3,mjb1
@ 2003-08-21  9:25 ` George Anzinger
From: George Anzinger @ 2003-08-21  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Larson; +Cc: lkml, ltp-results, linstab

Paul Larson wrote:

> Here's the latest batch of LTP test results for the latest 2.6 bk
> snapshots and mm/mjb trees.  These results and previous results are
> archived at: http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/

The failure in alarm03, which by the way is only some times, is caused
by the need to add a jiffie to the alarm time to cover the fact that
the current time is not on a jiffie boundry.  If this was not done,
the timer would expire early about 50% of the time.  Given this
correction the timer will expire some where between the requested time
and the requested time + one jiffie.  alarm(2), dealing with seconds,
is bumping the return value by one when ever the return is not an even
second, thus the 1 second longer than requested result.

In short, the test should allow the return value to be one higher than
requested.
-g

@ 2003-08-25 16:11 ` Hugh Dickins
From: Hugh Dickins @ 2003-08-25 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Larson; +Cc: lkml, ltp-results, linstab

On 20 Aug 2003, Paul Larson wrote:

> Here's the latest batch of LTP test results for the latest 2.6 bk
> snapshots and mm/mjb trees.  These results and previous results are
> archived at: http://developer.osdl.org/dev/ltp/results/
> swapoff01      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N
> swapoff02      FAIL               FAIL                    N            N

Paul, I've not been able to reproduce those swapoff failures.
Your ltp.outs indicate that it was the swapon which failed,
but its error code is not shown; nor the tmpfile outputs from
setup's system(3) calls (if I remember rightly, system succeeds
if it can run what's asked, whether what it runs fails or not).
Please try running a swapoff01 and swapoff02 modified to catch
that info: it may quickly identify the issue.

Hugh