* Xeon  processors &&Hyper-Threading
@ 2003-06-13 16:38 Joe
From: Joe @ 2003-06-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Does Linux support the Xeon (p4) processor and its capabilities?

The company I work for recently ported its application to Linux and one
of our current HP clients asked this and I figure it would be just a
recompile the kernel as a P4, but not sure if this would do it.

I'm not asking if Linux can RUN the Xeon processor.

I'm asking if Linux processor takes any advantage of the Hyper-Threading
built into this processor?

below is a link to more info on this.

http://www.intel.com/design/xeon/prodbref/

Joe