netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Joakim Zhang <qiangqing.zhang@nxp.com>
To: Jon Hunter <jonathanh@nvidia.com>,
	Giuseppe Cavallaro <peppe.cavallaro@st.com>,
	Alexandre Torgue <alexandre.torgue@st.com>,
	Jose Abreu <joabreu@synopsys.com>
Cc: "netdev@vger.kernel.org" <netdev@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-tegra <linux-tegra@vger.kernel.org>,
	Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Regression v5.12-rc3: net: stmmac: re-init rx buffers when mac resume back
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:41:00 +0000	[thread overview]

OK.

> In answer to your question, resuming from suspend does work on this board
> without your change. We have been testing suspend/resume now on this board
> since Linux v5.8 and so we have the ability to bisect such regressions. So it is
> clear to me that this is the change that caused this, but I am not sure why.

Yes, I know this issue is regression caused by my patch. I just want to analyze the potential reasons. Due to the code change only related to the page recycle and reallocate.
So I guess if this page operate need IOMMU works when IOMMU is enabled. Could you help check if IOMMU driver resume before STMMAC? Our common desire is to find the root cause, right?

Best Regards,
Joakim Zhang