openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Implement OEM mechanism to handle xyz.openbmc_project.Condition.HostFirmware interface
@ 2021-09-08 13:19 Thu Nguyen
From: Thu Nguyen @ 2021-09-08 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, geissonator

Dear Geissonator,

After commit
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager/commit/0d1c3f1f9329c853677f0581287afef83eeea0f0

when BMC boots up, phosphor-host-state directly checks  the host state
thru interface xyz.openbmc_project.Condition.HostFirmware.

It does not check the existing of /run/openbmc/host@%d-on as before.

I plan to implement "oem mechanism" to handle the interface
xyz.openbmc_project.Condition.HostFirmware.

Which will use the GPIO interface to update the host state. I researched
the code handle this interface in phosphor-host-ipmi and pldm.

I wonder which repo should I upstream the code? Currently, we don't have
any OEM repo in github to upstream the code.

Do you have any idea to handle interface in bash scripts?

Regards.

Thu Nguyen.