openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt got "Remote peer disconnected" issue
@ 2020-11-02  2:24 Yi-Fan Lee
From: Yi-Fan Lee @ 2020-11-02  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Dear all,

    I try to add upgrading CPLD firmware with in phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt. I follow the way to upgrade BIOS - which means I create two functions for handling property value changes on D-Bus "xyz.openbmc_project.Software.BMC.Updater" and upgrading CPLD firmware. This part works find, I can actually upgrade CPLD firmware. I can upgrade CPLD firmware many times I want without problems. But I found an issue about upgrading BMC firmware; after I success upgrading CPLD firmware, I always got an error if I try to upgrade BMC firmware. I always got "Remote peer disconnected" error.

    My design about upgrading CPLD is following the steps for upgrading BIOS. I'm quite surprised to see upgrading BMC will failed after I upgrading BMC. Does anyone can give me some hints for tracing this issue? I can provide more information if you need.

Best Regards

    Yi-Fan Lee

[-- Attachment #2: activation.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 13214 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Upgrading BMC failed.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 26638 bytes --]

* Re: phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt got "Remote peer disconnected" issue
@ 2020-11-12  1:55 ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2020-11-12  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yi-Fan Lee, openbmc

Hi Yi,
Please give details about how are you upgrading BMC, I am assuming that you have copied
 bmc image and looked at sha value which you used for activation. My guess is you have
tried to use existing bmc version sha value.

Regards
-Vijay