selinux-refpolicy.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Fwd: Failed to start Udev Kernel device manager
       [not found] <CAP2Ojcipm0dYWcDLX1gpnXpZpuKZv_uDqFHY6Vh5jfLstGepLw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-11-25 12:44 ` Ashish Mishra
From: Ashish Mishra @ 2020-11-25 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux-refpolicy

Hi Team ,

I am trying to understand the selinux policy aspect by adding the
reference policy
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux

Creating the default policy , i am getting "Failed to start udev
Kernel Device manager"

I tried generating monolithic & modular both policies but the behavior
is the same.

Can members please share any debug point / inputs to understand the behaviour .
Attached along is the error snapshot.

I am trying to get the reference policy as part of proof of concept
for another project.
Hence I was using fedora as a base reference for our work .

Thanks ,
Ashish

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2020-11-23 14-24-40.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 47731 bytes --]

* Re: Fwd: Failed to start Udev Kernel device manager
@ 2020-11-27  0:04   ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2020-11-27  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Mishra; +Cc: selinux-refpolicy

On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 11:44:55 PM AEDT Ashish Mishra wrote:
> Can members please share any debug point / inputs to understand the
> behaviour . Attached along is the error snapshot.

audit2allow -l < /var/log/audit/audit.log

dmesg | audit2allow

The above commands should help.