tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4: request for adding support to get older revisions in b4 mbox
@ 2023-04-04 10:48 Shrikanth Hegde
From: Shrikanth Hegde @ 2023-04-04 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools

Currently, the b4 mbox has a way to check for newer revisions.

b4 mbox --help
<...>
-c, --check-newer-revisions
                        Check if newer patch revisions exist

This would help to pull the later versions if exists based on the message-id.
This works as expected. If V1 of the series, it can pull all the way to latest.
That is nice.

Pulling an older version of a PATCH series given a message-id is also very
helpful. Quite often we come across a latest version of a patch series and
cover letter points that issue is described in details in V1 or V2 or so.
Finding that V1 might be tricky and take a bit of search.

Can we have that support? Does it make any sense?

Thanks
Shrikanth