WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6
@ 2019-12-09 10:12 Jason A. Donenfeld
  2019-12-09 11:09 ` Laslo Hunhold
  2019-12-09 15:34 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-12-09 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WireGuard mailing list

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.

This is big news and very exciting.

Thanks to all the developers, contributors, users, advisers, and
mailing list interlocutors who have helped to make this happen.

In the coming hours and days I'll be sending followups on next steps.

Jason
_______________________________________________
WireGuard mailing list
WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6
  2019-12-09 10:12 [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6 Jason A. Donenfeld
@ 2019-12-09 11:09 ` Laslo Hunhold
  2019-12-09 15:34 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Laslo Hunhold @ 2019-12-09 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 873 bytes --]

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 11:12:23 +0100
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

Dear Jason,

> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
> Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
> tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
> WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.
> 
> This is big news and very exciting.
> 
> Thanks to all the developers, contributors, users, advisers, and
> mailing list interlocutors who have helped to make this happen.
> 
> In the coming hours and days I'll be sending followups on next steps.

this is great news! Maintaining a patchset out of tree is always a big
burden, so seeing it in-tree (despite some compromises) is a good
thing and will help focus more on other aspects in the userspace. Keep
up the great work!

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

[-- Attachment #1.2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 148 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
WireGuard mailing list
WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6
  2019-12-09 10:12 [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6 Jason A. Donenfeld
  2019-12-09 11:09 ` Laslo Hunhold
@ 2019-12-09 15:34 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
  2019-12-09 15:53   ` Fredrik Strömberg
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor @ 2019-12-09 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason A. Donenfeld, WireGuard mailing list

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 710 bytes --]

On Mon 2019-12-09 11:12:23 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
> Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
> tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
> WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.

Congratulations!  This is excellent news.

I know the path to this process is a long and winding one, and involves
lots of changes and compromises.  but i am really glad that this project
has stuck through it all.  The additional reach for the project (both in
terms of users and in terms of developer eyeballs) is huge.

Looking forward to thinking through what possibilities open up next
here...

    --dkg

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 227 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 148 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
WireGuard mailing list
WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6
  2019-12-09 15:34 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
@ 2019-12-09 15:53   ` Fredrik Strömberg
  2019-12-10 15:31     ` jugs
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Fredrik Strömberg @ 2019-12-09 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kahn Gillmor; +Cc: WireGuard mailing list

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon 2019-12-09 11:12:23 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> > I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
> > Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
> > tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
> > WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.
>
> Congratulations!  This is excellent news.
>
> I know the path to this process is a long and winding one, and involves
> lots of changes and compromises.  but i am really glad that this project
> has stuck through it all.  The additional reach for the project (both in
> terms of users and in terms of developer eyeballs) is huge.
>
> Looking forward to thinking through what possibilities open up next
> here...
>

I couldn't agree more. This is great news. Congratulations!
_______________________________________________
WireGuard mailing list
WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6
  2019-12-09 15:53   ` Fredrik Strömberg
@ 2019-12-10 15:31     ` jugs
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: jugs @ 2019-12-10 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fredrik Strömberg; +Cc: WireGuard mailing list

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1286 bytes --]

On Monday, December 9, 2019 3:53 PM, Fredrik Strömberg <stromberg@mullvad.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM Daniel Kahn Gillmor
> dkg@fifthhorseman.net wrote:
> 

> > On Mon 2019-12-09 11:12:23 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> > 

> > > I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into Dave
> > > Miller's net-next tree. That means when Linus Torvalds opens up his
> > > tree for Linux 5.6, Dave will send a pull request to Linus, and
> > > WireGuard will wind up in Linux 5.6.
> > 

> > Congratulations! This is excellent news.
> > I know the path to this process is a long and winding one, and involves
> > lots of changes and compromises. but i am really glad that this project
> > has stuck through it all. The additional reach for the project (both in
> > terms of users and in terms of developer eyeballs) is huge.
> > Looking forward to thinking through what possibilities open up next
> > here...
> 

> I couldn't agree more. This is great news. Congratulations!
> 

> WireGuard mailing list
> WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
> https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

It's a big moment for you and for the project Jason, its been a long 

journey and the community thanks you for your tireless efforts.

Congrats!

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: publickey - jugs@protonmail.ch - 0xFD2E0B45.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-keys, Size: 1809 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 477 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 148 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
WireGuard mailing list
WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-12-09 10:12 [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard merged to net-next, on its way to Linux 5.6 Jason A. Donenfeld
2019-12-09 11:09 ` Laslo Hunhold
2019-12-09 15:34 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
2019-12-09 15:53   ` Fredrik Strömberg
2019-12-10 15:31     ` jugs

WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard/0 wireguard/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 wireguard wireguard/ https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard \
		wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
	public-inbox-index wireguard

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/com.zx2c4.lists.wireguard


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git