* Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-07-31 19:26 Jason A. Donenfeld
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2018-07-31 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey list,

I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:

[0/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429108040&w=2
[1/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429908043&w=2
[2/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306437408074&w=2
[3/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306440208084&w=2

I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.

I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-07-31 19:31 ` Joe Doss
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Joe Doss @ 2018-07-31 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 07/31/2018 02:26 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:
>
> [0/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429108040&w=2
> [1/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429908043&w=2
> [2/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306437408074&w=2
> [3/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306440208084&w=2
>
> I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
>
> I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
> all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
> be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
> received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.

Great job Jason and everyone that has contributed to this wonderful
project! This is a wonderful achievement! Cheers to the next chapter of
WireGuard! I look forward to killing off the wireguard-dkms RPM in the
future. :)

Joe

--
Joe Doss
joe@solidadmin.com

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-07-31 19:48 ` Reuben Martin
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Reuben Martin @ 2018-07-31 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018, 2:27 PM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
>
> I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
> all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
> be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
> received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.

Congrats! You've put a lot of work into this, and put up with a lot of
grief for it as well. Critical review not withstanding, having a community
actively using it in prod lends a lot of weight to your submission.

-Reuben

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-07-31 21:13 ` Lee Yates
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lee Yates @ 2018-07-31 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #2: rainmakerraw@icloud.com.asc --]

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-07-31 22:28 ` Eric Light
From: Eric Light @ 2018-07-31 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Congratulations Jason!!  Thanks for all of your amazing work.

This feels like a great moment to visit https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

A: http://five.sentenc.es

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, at 07:26, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:
>
> [0/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429108040&w=2
> [1/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429908043&w=2
> [2/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306437408074&w=2
> [3/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306440208084&w=2
>
> I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
>
> I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
> all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
> be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
> received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.
>
> Regards,
> Jason

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-08-01  1:49   ` jugs
From: jugs @ 2018-08-01  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Light; +Cc: wireguard

I don't have anything unique to say, but congratulations Jason!

Years of hard work coming together for this submission, thank you for everything and looking forward to seeing CONFIG_WIREGUARD=y :)

-jugs

> Congratulations Jason!! Thanks for all of your amazing work.
>

> This feels like a great moment to visit https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> Q: Why is this email five sentences or less?
> A: http://five.sentenc.es
>

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, at 07:26, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>

> > Hey list,
> > I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:
> > [0/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429108040&w=2
> > [1/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429908043&w=2
> > [2/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306437408074&w=2
> > [3/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306440208084&w=2
> > I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
> > I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
> > all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
> > be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
> > received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.
> > Regards,
> > Jason
> >

> > WireGuard mailing list
> > WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
>

> WireGuard mailing list
> WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - jugs@protonmail.ch - 0xFD2E0B45.asc --]

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
@ 2018-08-01  4:40     ` Fredrik Strömberg
From: Fredrik Strömberg @ 2018-08-01  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Congratulations, and thank you! Looking forward to following the
discussions that will be sparked by this.

Cheers,
Fredrik Stromberg

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:49 AM, jugs <jugs@protonmail.ch> wrote:
> I don't have anything unique to say, but congratulations Jason!
>
> Years of hard work coming together for this submission, thank you for eve=
rything and looking forward to seeing CONFIG_WIREGUARD=3Dy :)

> -jugs
>
> =E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90 Original =
Message =E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90=E2=80=90
> On July 31, 2018 10:28 PM, Eric Light <eric@ericlight.com> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations Jason!! Thanks for all of your amazing work.
>>

>> This feels like a great moment to visit https://www.wireguard.com/donati=
ons/

>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------=
>>

>> Q: Why is this email five sentences or less?
>> A: http://five.sentenc.es
>>

>> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, at 07:26, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>>

>> > Hey list,
>> > I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:
>> > [0/3] https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-netdev&m=3D153306429108040&w=3D2
>> > [1/3] https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-netdev&m=3D153306429908043&w=3D2
>> > [2/3] https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-netdev&m=3D153306437408074&w=3D2
>> > [3/3] https://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-netdev&m=3D153306440208084&w=3D2
>> > I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
>> > I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
>> > all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
>> > be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
>> > received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.
>> > Regards,
>> > Jason
>> >

>> > WireGuard mailing list
>> > WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com
>>

>> WireGuard mailing list
>> WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com

* Re: Upstream Submission v1
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-08-02 13:42 ` Roman Mamedov
From: Roman Mamedov @ 2018-08-02 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 21:26:53 +0200
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> I submitted patchset v1 of WireGuard to LKML a few minutes ago:
>
> [0/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429108040&w=2
> [1/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306429908043&w=2
> [2/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306437408074&w=2
> [3/3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=153306440208084&w=2
>
> I'm pretty elated, as getting v1 out the door marks a major milestone.
>
> I expect for the first submission to be mercilessly criticized from
> all sorts of interesting and useful angles. There will most certainly
> be a v2, and it will be better because of whatever intense criticism
> received from v1. So hold on tight: a wild process is about to begin.

Congratulations, and a minor thing, please don't forget to CC: the WireGuard
mailing list on such submissions, so all subscribers here could take a peek on
replies to WG patches even if they don't follow the high-volume netdev list
themselves.

--
With respect,
Roman