xenomai.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Conflicting EVL Processing Loops
@ 2023-01-04 22:28 Russell Johnson
From: Russell Johnson @ 2023-01-04 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai; +Cc: Bryan Butler

Hello,

We have two independent processing loops, each consisting of their own set
of EVL threads and interrupts. Each loop completes its processing and then
performs an evl_sleep_until to delay until the next processing deadline
occurs. If we run either loop by itself, everything is fine, and our timing
margins are met. However, if we try to run both simultaneously, the timing
error is increased significantly, and the loops never meet their processing
deadlines. If we compile the code for Linux (substituting all EVL primitives
with Linux equivalents), then we are able to run both loops simultaneously
without issue. Any clue what could be causing us troubles or where to start
looking?

Thanks,

Russell

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]