meta-freescale.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Need support for Playing video with QT Application with X11 Support on Rootfs created with Yocto Rocko version.
@ 2021-05-02  7:40 rohit jadhav
From: rohit jadhav @ 2021-05-02  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

I have crated rootfs with Yocto Rocko . I am running Qt application on it with X11 support.

What I observed booting log :
RandR extension missing
matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop

And main observation is new rootfs {created with Rocko}is not supporting video playing feature with qt app.
But old rootfs {created with Krogoth} was supporting Video playing.

Did Imissed any Package in rootfs ?
Please guide me for this Solution.

Note : for Both Rootfs I have same Packages mentioned in local.conf

* Re: [meta-freescale] Need support for Playing video with QT Application with X11 Support on Rootfs created with Yocto Rocko version.
@ 2021-05-02 15:32 ` Andrey Zhizhikin
From: Andrey Zhizhikin @ 2021-05-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rohit jadhav; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Rohit,

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 9:40 AM rohit jadhav <rohitbjadhav1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have crated rootfs with Yocto Rocko . I am running Qt application on it with X11 support.

Rocko branch is EOL since already 2,5 years, see
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases

Not sure if there would be any advise or support provided here for
versions that are already pas their EOL.

Have you tried the same setup with either Dunfell or Master?

> What I observed booting log :
> RandR extension missing
> matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056
> matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts
>
> matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809
> matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates
>
> matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050
> matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop
>
> And main observation is new rootfs {created with Rocko}is not supporting video playing feature with qt app.
> But old rootfs {created with Krogoth} was supporting Video playing.
>
> Did Imissed any Package in rootfs ?
> Please guide me for this Solution.
>
> Note : for Both Rootfs I have same Packages mentioned in local.conf

Andrey.

@ 2021-05-02 16:37   ` rohit jadhav
From: rohit jadhav @ 2021-05-02 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Zhizhikin; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Andrey,
    Thank you for your guidance, But i Did find any Doc related Yocto or
imx-linux-dunfell.
I may be wrong in my search, but I find Docs related to ZEUS and Gatesgarth.

Can I start with anyone of the above but ZEUS is also recently EOL?
And I have one doubt regarding meta-printing layer, as per my search its
present upto Rocko version
Will I get this support any of the latest Yocto version?

Thanks and regards
Rohit

@ 2021-05-02 17:19     ` Andrey Zhizhikin
From: Andrey Zhizhikin @ 2021-05-02 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rohit jadhav; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Rohit,

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 6:37 PM rohit jadhav <rohitbjadhav1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrey,
>     Thank you for your guidance, But i Did find any Doc related Yocto or imx-linux-dunfell.
> I may be wrong in my search, but I find Docs related to ZEUS and Gatesgarth.

Have a look at this repo:
https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

You can use it as a platform development base, adding layers you need
into the BSP as you go. Default branch in that repo points to Dunfell
branch, so you would start the development on it straight away.

> Can I start with anyone of the above but ZEUS is also recently EOL?

I would not recommend to start off Zeus, as it is also EOL.

> And I have one doubt regarding meta-printing layer, as per my search its present upto Rocko version
> Will I get this support any of the latest Yocto version?

This I do not know, your best bet would be to contact the layer
maintainer to discuss this.

> Thanks and regards
> Rohit
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 9:02 PM Andrey Zhizhikin <andrey.z@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Rohit,
>>
>> On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 9:40 AM rohit jadhav <rohitbjadhav1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have crated rootfs with Yocto Rocko . I am running Qt application on it with X11 support.
>>
>> Rocko branch is EOL since already 2,5 years, see
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases
>>
>> Not sure if there would be any advise or support provided here for
>> versions that are already pas their EOL.
>>
>> Have you tried the same setup with either Dunfell or Master?
>>

>> > What I observed booting log :
>> > RandR extension missing
>> > matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056
>> > matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts
>> >
>> > matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809
>> > matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates
>> >
>> > matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050
>> > matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop
>> >
>> > And main observation is new rootfs {created with Rocko}is not supporting video playing feature with qt app.
>> > But old rootfs {created with Krogoth} was supporting Video playing.
>> >
>> > Did Imissed any Package in rootfs ?
>> > Please guide me for this Solution.
>> >
>> > Note : for Both Rootfs I have same Packages mentioned in local.conf
>> >

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Andrey.

Andrey.