* Re: RAID 0 went down...
@ 2004-10-11 10:10 ` Mike Tran
From: Mike Tran @ 2004-10-11 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi Romeyn,

If there were I/O errors on one of the disks, I am not sure that you
want to re-assemble/re-create this "corrupted" raid0 array.  However, if
you just want to get some data out of the volume /dev/md0, you can use
mdadm to re-create the array:

mdmadm -C -R /dev/md0 -c 64 -l 0 -n 2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1

Regards,
Mike T.

* RAID 0 went down...
@ 2004-10-11 12:28 Romeyn Prescott
From: Romeyn Prescott @ 2004-10-11 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm

* Re: RAID 0 went down...
@ 2004-10-11 18:38   ` Romeyn Prescott
From: Romeyn Prescott @ 2004-10-11 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Thanks for the advice.

Actually, after I posted I did some more Googling and discovered
mdadm, which didn't appear to be included with RH 9.0.  I installed it
and was able to use the -A option with the -f (force) command ti get
the RAID back up and mounted.  I have copied just about all of the
data off of it!

As I look over this some more (I'm no RAID expert) it seems to me that
if I could just somehow re-synchronize the "superblock update times"
that md0 would get automatically recreated at boot instead of failing
out.  Is there any way to do that?  When I forced the mount, I checked
the logs and the filesystem has been flagged for an fsck, but that'll
never happen if md0 isn't reconstituted at boot!

TIA,
...ROMeyn