* [ath9k-devel] Linksys WPC300N Wireless-N Notebook Adapter
@ 2009-05-18 16:36 hong zhang
From: hong zhang @ 2009-05-18 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Luis,

1. Does ath9k Tx/Rx buffer packets for power save purpose?
2. Do TX power and signal level display go same path to mac80211
   through rate control interface? I think iw dev wlan0 station should
   display Tx power and signal level as well.

---henry

From: hong zhang @ 2009-05-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I tried WPC300nv1 in my laptop and shows "16:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43XG (rev 01)".

V1 is on North American market.
V2 (Atheros based) is for Eroupean market.

My linux laptop could not detect WPC300Nv1.

From: hong zhang @ 2009-05-23  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

@ 2009-05-18 19:35 hong zhang
From: hong zhang @ 2009-05-18 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

> > 1. Does ath9k Tx/Rx buffer packets for power save
> purpose?
>
> You mean in AP mode? If you are on a kernel >= 2.6.29
> yes. That is
> even if you are using compat-wireless you need at least
> 2.6.29 still.
>
> > 2. Do TX power and signal level display go same path
> to mac80211
> >? ? through rate control interface?
>
> I don't understand your question.
>
> > I think iw dev wlan0 station should
> >? ? display Tx power and signal level as
> well.
>
> 'iw dev wlan0 station dump' does display signal. I get:
>
> mcgrof at tesla ~ $ iw dev wlan2 station dump
> Station 00:0b:85:5b:8d:6c (on wlan2)
> ? ? ? ? inactive time:? 22628 ms
> ? ? ? ? rx bytes:? ?
> ???3042422
> ? ? ? ? rx packets:?
> ???13165
> ? ? ? ? tx bytes:? ?
> ???177786
> ? ? ? ? tx packets:?
> ???947
> ? ? ? ? signal:? ? ?
> ???-30 dBm
> ? ? ? ? tx bitrate:?
> ???54.0 MBit/s

If signal -30dBm is Tx power on a channel, why the channel number is not displayed here?

@ 2009-05-17  5:51 hong zhang

From: hong zhang @ 2009-05-17  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

List,

I just bought a Linksys WPC300N Wireless-N Notebook Adapter.

1. How many anntanas does this card  have?
2. Should TCP throughput from AP to this card and this card to AP be same
   if I use iperf to measure TCP throughput?

Thanks for help!

--henry